Do you ever get tired...

Of all the people who can't spell or use punctuation? People who constantly use slang and have no vocabulary worth speaking of? Not just on here, but everywhere. I get SO frustrated. Sometimes it is hard to even decipher what people are trying to say when they can't spell anything correctly.
It seems like Americans are the only people who even as adults have trouble speaking and writing their own language. Why is it that we have NO pride at all in our intellectual abilities?

FluffyMamaBunny

Asked by FluffyMamaBunny at 12:01 AM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I blame texting on the cellphone a reason for people not using or spelling correctly.The one that gets me the most is when people use the term, "baby's daddy." This one irritates me the most. It just doesn't seem right to me. Not to mention the sentences that keep on running (if you know what I mean). They say that English is one of the hardest languages to learn. But if you are brought up here, then you should know how to speak proper English.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:38 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• If I were to type out a paper for a professional reason, college, work etc.. I use proper punctuation and grammar, but on here it isn't always easy. I am often in a hurry because I am multi-tasking or I am on my blackberry. No biggie as long as the message is clear, which it usually is. I usually don't say anything to others either. Now and then if the person is snarky or is known to be a member of the grammar police.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:13 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I feel sad for those who obviously have no idea of how to properly express a complete written thought. I'm not referring to typos or the occasional error.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:29 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• U meen lik me? Haha just kidding! It does bug me though.
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 12:05 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Not all of it bothers me but SOME definately DOES!

I don't have a problem with "OMG," "LOL," etc.

It's the paragraphs like the following that give me a headache and make me want to scream "EVER HEAR OF THE SHIFT BUTTON OR A PERIOD?!?!?"

"hi i had my periods on nov 1 then i spotted on nov 23 my boyfriend thinks im pregant but i dont know we have a son who is 2 but i cant remember what it was like in early prgnancy also ive had some strang discharge coming out of me could I have an infection or something im kind of worried that i might be prego what do you think"

UM WHAT? Is that supposed to be one sentence???
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 12:12 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• IDK wat U tlk'n 'bout???
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:22 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I hear ya Fluffy... I was just being silly. I think I need to get to bed! ;o)
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:36 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Yep. It makes my feet itch when folks can't spell a word or they use text language in a post. Sometimes I have to ask what a certain symbol means...and I feel stupid for it but oh well. What's a girl to do?
    RedFaery

Answer by RedFaery at 2:12 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• blessed yes i hate this yo and other crap that you have no clue what they are saying even worse is getting called bro! yikes ummm i am female! drives me insane!
    superrockinmom

Answer by superrockinmom at 4:22 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• some people just type too fast or aren't that worried about it. If some typos are the worst things that happen to me today, then I've had a dam good day ;-)
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:45 AM on Nov. 30, 2010