How long do you have to wait for your spouse to reach your maturity level?

My husband and I have been together for over two years, but we've only been married for a little under two months. As far as living together goes, we've been doing that for like almost two years.
Anyways, he's about to be 31 and I'm only a few months past turning 24. It just seems that I'm more responsible and more mature and sometimes, it KILLS me to be as such. DON'T GET ME WRONG, I LOVE HIM, but I just want him to think a little more clearly, or something along those lines.
Money wise, I spend nothing on myself and next to nothing on my kids. Not to be stingy, I just don't believe in spoiling them, just as long as the necessities are covered. He wants to go out every weekend he's off, whether he's alone bowling or something else. I would like to do the same, but I believe the money can be used for something more important.
I guess, to sum it all up, I get a little fed up. He picks all the time, romance is next to nothing, and he wonders why I am a bitch sometimes.

LADIES, HOW DO I COPE WITH THIS AND STILL LOVE HIM?! I know I left out all the good things about him, so don't be too harsh (I'm too much of that as it is, lol).

YoungLovinMama

Asked by YoungLovinMama at 12:20 AM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• Some men never grow up or become responsible. You just got to live with the man you married, maybe he'll grow on his own.
    TawnyMarlow

Answer by TawnyMarlow at 12:23 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Hahahaha.....I've been married 22 years, hubby is 53, and I'm 49....I'm still waiting. I quit holding my breath a few years back. Sometimes I think that not totally "growing up" keeps him young.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:24 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I've been waiting 10 years.
    yogapantz

Answer by yogapantz at 12:27 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• HA,HA, HA, HA, HA, Ha, Ha, oh my, They NEVER grow up! 27yrs of marriage, good luck on that one!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:29 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• LOL! You have to do what I did: marry one 12 years older than you!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:44 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• You and your dh are the exact ame in age space as me and my dh. Like 6 and a half years apart, with him being the elder. My dh is childlike in a lot of ways but after awhile believe it or not, you learn to love those things that once irritated. At a certain point you realize he's not going to change and that if you want to stay married and love each other and want to live HAPPILY ever after , that you just have to accept some things. Men HATE it when women nag them. They literally tune it out. So it does no one any good to nag. Because he won't listen and then you get all frustrated and the cycle is never-ending. It's much better to compromise on things and not throw fits or have resentment. Just remember, there are most likely things about you that dh finds annoying as well.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:48 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I dont think they ever grow up.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 1:30 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I didn't have to wait.

He's 12 years older than i am, so he was right at my maturity level when we first met. After i met him i asked myself "why the hell didn't you go for an older guy sooner?"
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:56 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• some men never grow up. My DH was 35 when i met him, i was 23. He was pretty mature when i met him already. But, he had been in the Navy, and after that he traveled the world doing odd jobs. He had lots of life experience, so by the time i got to him...he was so happy to settle down & be responsible.

BUT, some men just have an immature nature & never really grow up.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:00 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Well, in our situation, we'll be married 19 years on the 28th and I'm still waiting for him to catch up.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 6:28 AM on Dec. 3, 2010