So What to Do When The Most Wanted Gift is Sold Out?

I've actually had a gift once both DD's wanted so badly, luckily my girlfriend went out shopping and was able to pick up about 6 of the item. I took any color I could get at the time. Has this happened to you? How did you resolve it if it did happen?

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 12:30 AM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Shopping

• There really isn't anything to do. If you can't get, you can't get it - move on to something else. Maybe you'll some nice surprise they'll like even better!
    raynestar

Answer by raynestar at 12:44 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I refuse to fret, freak, or worry about the years hottest gift. I see people go to all ends of the earth to get it, and three months later the recipient of the gift doesn't care that much anyway. I just get what I can, and it always goes over well.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:32 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• If there's something that is out of stock that I really want to buy, I just keep checking back to see if they re-stock it. Most places get a couple trucks a week at least, so it helps to just ask when they come in, and then get there as early as you can and ask if there are more of that item. As long as it's off the truck and you ask nicely, most places do not mind having someone go into the back to cut the box open and get you one.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 12:35 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• "I refuse to fret, freak, or worry about the years hottest gift. I see people go to all ends of the earth to get it, and three months later the recipient of the gift doesn't care that much anyway. I just get what I can, and it always goes over well."

That was so well said!

P.S. it's probably gone because someone bought 6 of the item.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:42 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I've never really bought into the whole "gotta have it" thingy. If my child wanted something and I couldn't find it, well, they took what they could get. But, I'll be honest, when my kids were growing up, we didn't have all the "gotta have it's" that we have today.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:44 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• that actually happened this year. both of my girls wanted a lalaloopsy doll, but when i went to get it they were sold out at every store i went to. my nanna found it on amazon.com and she ordered both of them one. they think they are getting it from mommy and daddy, but now their getting it from nanna.
    kmjsmommy12345

Answer by kmjsmommy12345 at 2:08 AM on Nov. 30, 2010