Need some ideas for making extra money...

I have a part time job but I would like to earn some extra money. So far the only thing I can come up with is babysitting, house cleaning, and selling on ebay. I do not want to start a MLM or other type of direct sales or CEO Moms, business. (If you post your ad, I will report you). I need some ideas. What have you done to get creative to earn extra money?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Money & Work

• I've seen women make tutu's or hairbows to sell
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 12:34 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I make and sell jewelry. I mad 40 this past weekend. Sometimes I will make more sometimes nothing at all. It kinda depends. If you want to see what im talking about you can check it out. I made a web site. michelleshandcraftedjewelry.yolasite.com......By the way this is not an ad I just wanted to show you. Its fun for me to do and its one of those things that I get wraped up in and not know anything that is going on around me lol. Its also more fun because you always learn something new.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:34 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• That's a good idea. I just made my neice a tutu about a month ago.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:35 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• HannahMayr, this is exactly why I dislike Internet CEO Moms, y'all don't know how to read details and you do nothing but post ads on the answers section. As I said before, I reported you.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:47 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I'm sorry you feel that way. I did not post an ad. I was offering a suggestion.
    HannahMayr

Answer by HannahMayr at 12:53 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to http://www.ivaa.org/ http://www.iavoa.com/ http://www.vanetworking.com/
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques.. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, I also do career and job search coaching; additionally, I handle the business end of my spouse's business, and do medical billing and coding one day a week for one of my bookkeeping clients

Answer by rkoloms at 5:50 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Maybe making birthday cakes and such...it sounds like you're on the right track with everything else you're doing. Or you might look into helping out with catering services. Basically waitressing but at an event of some sort. Best of luck and happy holidays!
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 10:47 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• My husband and I started our own business. I also do some freelance writing.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:23 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I work part time typing appraisals for a friend. I do know that they are extremely busy right now with interest rates being low. Most are small and may not advertise- just look them up in the phone book or call a local bank and ask who the appraisers are. I bet many would welcome the help.
    Kari126

Answer by Kari126 at 7:26 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I work from home, sell on bay, babysit, make hair bows, custom sandals, and wipe cases lol, it's so much fun and you can make so many types of cute designs! I just started my a group on cafemom and will be posting vlogs on how to do make these items, maybe you can check it out, but you can always message me if you have any questions about where to get the supplies or how to make them! Hope this gives you some ideas!
    kayy_04

Answer by kayy_04 at 9:46 PM on Nov. 30, 2010