So Why Are The Happy Christmas Shoppers So Damn Rude on Black Friday?

Where did the Merry go in Merry Christmas? I just stopped going out on Good Friday any more, I can't put up with the pushing and shoving, and nearly knocking me over to get to a certain item. The words excuse me or I'm sorry have been lost in most shoppers vocabuary, it's just not worth the aggravation, so I just stay home.

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 12:35 AM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Holidays

• Lol Good Friday...
    Anyway, I don't do it either. I think it's hysteria. And when you watch the videos of people sleeping in Walmart waiting for the sale to start, and people being trampled at Target, I think what puppets the people are. Robots being controlled by greed.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:37 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• They probably want something someone else wants, someone made their day/morning horrible.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 12:37 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Correction, Musicmom, that's why they call it BLACK friday, not GOOD friday. :)

No one could pay me enough to enter that mad mob on black friday.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:41 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I think the merry went away when they started making it a contest to get the items people want to purchase by putting things out a little at a time with people wanting and not caring and having to work harder now for money and whatever reason they feel its perfectly okay for them to rude. I work in parking where they are super rude around holidays saying stuff like your ripping me off or why can't you let me out for free when you say no they get rude so remember people are what they are and I just remember I feel good.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:54 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I went Black Friday shopping for the first time last week and it was the least amount of fun I've ever had shoppin! The few items I thought were good deals suddenly became not worth it once I caught a glance of the line. I ended up buying NOTHING and going home early.
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 2:05 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Good old-fashioned American greed and entitlement. People are disgusting, treating each other like garbage over STUFF. Blech.
    I NEVER shop on Black Friday. Good Friday either :)
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:17 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I have work in retail for 10yrs and on black friday the mean people do come out...
    When I got out of retail I don't do black friday....Most people I think are trying to get
    the hot toys. This should no excuse for not saying sorry or excuse me.
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 10:41 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• They're rude because they're frantic... So awful... I don't care how inexpensive things are on Black Friday,---NO WAY will I go shopping then !
    IndigoRose

Answer by IndigoRose at 11:28 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I was just chuckling because OP called it Good Friday...
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:42 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Oh, I see that now musicmom!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:00 AM on Nov. 30, 2010