is it ok to have your baby at 36 weeks will everything be ok or it coud cause prombles

cricket149

Asked by cricket149 at 12:36 AM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had my son at 35 weeks and he was and is ok. I hope everything goes well for you.
    rebock

Answer by rebock at 12:39 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• The closer you can get to 40 weeks the better--in other words, it's not good for doctor's to induce early or c-section early. But if you go into labor naturally at 36 weeks, rest as much as possible, but if the baby comes, it's best not to try to stop it.

My son came at 36 weeks because I had an early rupture of membranes. He was FINE, no problems whatsoever. I do think it was important for me to have as natural a labor as possible (no pain meds) to give him the BEST, most ALERT start.

Good luck!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:39 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• my dd was born at 36 weeks and i had no problems but it is early.
    Meladori_Magpie

Answer by Meladori_Magpie at 12:40 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• 36 weeks is considered term, but doesn't mean baby is ready by any means. Everyone is different. My son was debatet 37-38 weeks and in the NICU having a lung collapse because his lungs weren't ready. He needed at least one more week.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:40 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I had my son at 34 weeks. He was deliverd by c-section. He was in the nicu for a week because he was having a little trouble breathing...but that happens every time you have a c-section. Also he was having that trouble because I had a placental abruption. He also didnt understand the suck and swallow so he was feed by a feeding tube for 3 days. He was only on the oxygen for a day before he pulled it out and was doing fine on his own. Good luck with your little one and congrats.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:40 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• 37 weeks is considered full term. If the baby is born before they are ready to come, sometimes even after 37 weeks, they can have lung and liver issues, among others. If you go into labor at 36 weeks, they will offer give you steroid injections to help the baby's lungs mature ASAP. It's not perfect science, but it can be some help. If possible, it's best to wait until at least 38 weeks.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:51 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• 36 week is not full term, it's 37 - 38. If your baby comes naturally, chances are they will be fine or only have to spend a few days in the NICU. I would not even consider taking baby that soon unless there was a life or death emergency.

I had a baby born at 40weeks 4 days that needed 3 days in the NICU. You just never know.
    It's best to let them cook as long as possible.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:53 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I'vd had five different doctors say that 36 weeks is full term. But after my experience, I believe that anytime baby comes when baby wasn't ready isn't term.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:55 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• It's generally safer to deliver closer to that mid-point (40 weeks), but within the average due period is usually just fine.
    If there are complications that you are considering and weighing risks you can decide if baby is safer out than in.
    If baby is coming on her/his own and the little "tricks" aren't stopping labor then perhaps baby thinks s/he is ready~~

Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:15 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I had my son at 35 weeks and he was just under 5 pounds but perfect. We took him home 48 hrs later. A extra day just to be sure. Every situation is different though.

MommyTanisha

Answer by MommyTanisha at 2:14 AM on Nov. 30, 2010