Would u say that to someones face?????

The way people treat other people on this sight is shocking to me. I mean I bet 99 percent of them would be to cowardly to express those strong opinions in person. Honestly are you so bold in reality?

MommyTanisha

Asked by MommyTanisha at 12:37 AM on Nov. 30, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I sure am.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:38 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• If I feel strongly about something I will speak up. If not I keep my mouth shut if I'm talking face to face with someone.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 12:39 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• For me the answer is Yes. I don't usually hold back when asked what I think or feel. I don't always offer it up if not asked though.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:44 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I doubt if most would, they become very BOLD because they can hide behind the computer and no one can see who they are. Either that, or they are really ignorant people in the first place and don't have any friends because they are that way, and then they let it carry over onto this sight. I try to see it as very unloved people, abused or something wrong in their life to make them verrrrry unhappy. Try not to take it so seriously and consider the source, and be glad they aren't a friend.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 12:44 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I have never said anything on this site i wouldn't tell someone in person. Thankfully most people also don't tell you everything about them like they do on this site.
    Meladori_Magpie

Answer by Meladori_Magpie at 12:45 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I do....But I dont say anything unless its something that i feel strongly about. just like I do on here.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:47 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I like to consider myself an honest person, would never want to hurt someones feelings. But if asked I will say what I think.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:51 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I try to be very careful to be courteous, even if I'm disagreeing with people on this site, because no matter how dull or wrong someone might seem, they are a human, and it's always more effective to be reasonable and kind than to be insulting.

Having said that, I get into discussions on here that I wouldn't get into with strangers in person. Like politics and parenting styles. The reason I don't get into discussions like that in person is because it gets personal. I feel like I can openly disagree with people online without it getting personal because we don't know each other. I dunno, do you think that's wrong? Not saying I'm rude, but if the topic came up when I was face-to-face with someone, I'd probably change the subject or just nod and keep quiet.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:58 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Honestly Adelicious I think people take it very personal on this site. In my opinion if u don't feel comfortable saying it to someone u know to their face you probably shouldn'tbe saying it.  I think if everyone thought about how it would go over in person before opening their mouths there would be a lot  bashing.

MommyTanisha

Comment by MommyTanisha (original poster) at 1:06 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Having said that, I get into discussions on here that I wouldn't get into with strangers in person. Like politics and parenting styles. The reason I don't get into discussions like that in person is because it gets personal. I feel like I can openly disagree with people online without it getting personal because we don't know each other. I dunno, do you think that's wrong? Not saying I'm rude, but if the topic came up when I was face-to-face with someone, I'd probably change the subject or just nod and keep quiet.

Well said! I think this site would be boring if we didn't put out thoughts out there to be challenged. This is a great place to share your opinions and learn of others opinions different than yours. I find it interesting. I don't find that wrong at all.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:58 AM on Nov. 30, 2010