So what's Obama going to do about our financial well-being and jobs? Is he going to do anything about the economy?

He did win right? I have no Tv but I believe he won from what it sounds like over the internet.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, he won. Close race in the Popular Vote, but the Electoral votes were pretty one-sided. As for his financial plan, all the tax-breaks he promised may have to go on the back burner...at least that is the rumor floating around...

Regardless of who I voted for, the transition to ACTUALLY being president is tough and takes time to assess the situation. Basically, he is getting a crash course for the next few months before he takes office and will have to look at the bigger picture before he can follow through with anything he and Biden wanted to do...
    Gypsy98

Answer by Gypsy98 at 4:37 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• yes he one...and be be honest I don't believe their is anything he can do about jobs or the economy! I think it was one of the stars and moon that were promised to us to get our vote, and in reality they can't give you the stars and the moon. So bunker down and prepare for the long haul! It's going to get worst before it gets better, and unfortunately Obama is going to be seen as the cause and will only be a one term president!

Oh and don't get me wrong, because I believe that there is (or was) nothing that McCain could do regarding the economy/jobs. The ball has already gone down hill on that one and NOTHING can be done about it.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 4:39 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• obama's economy plan:
    http://www.barackobama.com/issues/economy/
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 4:44 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I agree with the previous post. Policy-makers don't create wealth. Therefore, no single action that either McCain OR Obama could do would be a fix-all.
    In order for the economy to get back on track and more wealth be created and distributed, then policy-makers need enact policy that at least gets the ball rolling on that.
    The only thing that has been proven to do that?
    Do you really want to know?
    Your not gonna like it.

Tax cuts, deregulation, government non-interference in the markets, free and open trade between nations. Strictly enforced property rights. This stuff is proven, throughout history, to fix economy and make everyone a bit richer.
    Guess what? Obama's not a big supporter of any of this free-market stuff. So expect things to get a bit worse. That being said, President-Elect Obama deserves respect and deference.
    whohannah

Answer by whohannah at 4:45 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Sorry what I meant was I agree with SAHMinIL about the fact that nothing can be done (because neither candidate really believed in the freedom of the market, and only a handful in congress still do)
    whohannah

Answer by whohannah at 4:47 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• So what's Obama going to do about our financial well-being and jobs? Is he going to do anything about the economy?

His job is to maintain the strength of our National Defense and Security of our Nation. It's up to the rest of us to be concerned with our own financial well-being and job situation! Thanks to all government officials in DC...not just Republicans... our economy is going to get worse... They want to help the economy, they can give up some of their income and expense accounts, put it towards the "BALE-OUT", come down to the real world and live like the rest of us...! SACRIFICINGSHOULD BEGIN AT THE TOP!!!

naturescape

Answer by naturescape at 4:55 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I think that many are going to have a rude awakening when things don't get better for them. I've seen on my local news, a woman that was thrilled that Obama is president, because now she doesn't have to worry about her mortgage payment or putting gas in her car because she helped Obama out and now Obama will help her out; that was JUST ONE voter, and I KNOW that is not the view of ALL of Obama supporters, but I also believe that she isn't the only one..... We need less government involvement not more :)
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 4:58 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I guess we will have to wait and see. Like he said last night, He may not get everything he wants done in this term, but he will try to get it started.
    Anonymous

• Well one Obama supporter was hollering out how she wouldn't have to worry about gas in her car or paying her mortgage anymore.... no one even has a clue what things are going to be like. Just goes to show you how some people think our government should do everything for them.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 5:12 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• What are you expecting him to do about the jobs and our economy? The economy problems won't be solved over night.
    Alma_C

Answer by Alma_C at 5:56 PM on Nov. 5, 2008