impatient!

What are some GOOD ways to keep delivery off of ur mind when ur super close? I'm getting impatient... We have everything ready so I can't busy myself with that... But its driving me crazy waiting for him!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Must be your first? I just found out I'm PG with #2, and I'm so busy with #1 I think the time's gonna go by fast!

How about babysit? Heehee.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:49 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• That's tough. How long until your due date? I wasn't really in any kind of hurry until maybe 37 weeks. My pregnancy was blessedly perfect from 15 weeks (when the fatigue and morning sickness went away) to 36 weeks. In between then, I didn't really have a lot of discomfort, or if I did, the sheer joy of being pregnant far outweighed it. Once I got to 38 weeks though I just started walking a lot to try to get a move on things. I was already 4cm dilated and 80% effaced at that point though.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 12:49 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I'm 37 weeks. And went from 1 to 2 cm in a week... And am 60% effaced. I'm getting super impatient! And it doesn't help the other we to the ER thinking my water had broke... But it was watery discharge so after getting all excited and then let down its even worse!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:57 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• You sound like me! I had the same hospital trip (lots of discharge toward the end, huh!!). Don't put too much stock Ito that cervix dilating. It doesn't mean a thing until you go into labor. I've had women who were dilated to 4 for months, and and others who were all closed up one day and holding a baby the next.
    Rent some movies, knit something, read, go to a movie, anything to keep your mind off. Ideally, squeeze in the types of things you won't be able to do once you're a mom! One last hurrah with the girls! Again, movie theater! Pedicure! In the meantime, lots of sex and walking to help encourage Baby. Good luck!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:02 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I wish sex was an option but we stayed at my parents for thanksgiving and I'm apparently allergic to my moms body soap... I'm a little too irritated down there for sex
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:09 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• You can prepare for birth & postpartum:

hire a birth doula
    check things off your To-Do List
    get things packed in the freezer/pantry
    order diaper service/other services/line up PP help/meal train
    create announcements
    get last belly pics
    make a belly cast
    check your birth plan
    practice pain-coping techniques
    watch distracting movies
    learn about optional unnecessary interventions and why it might be helpful to avoid them (like getting the cervix checked)

There are many things to do~~ including nothing at all.

Good luck!
    :-D
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:26 AM on Nov. 30, 2010