Any one use Chi hair equipment (flat iron/blow dryer) for personal use? Are they worth the expense?

mrsljamieson

Asked by mrsljamieson at 12:46 AM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I've had my CHI flat iron for 5 years and have used it at least every other day, some weeks EVERY day and it has not dried my hair out, nor has it performed poorly. In fact, my stylists(I have several that I switch back and forth and around) have all complimented how healthy m hair is and want to know my secret for keeping it healthy. They don't believe me when I tell them that its flat ironed every other day!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:57 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I have a chi flat iron and it does an amazing job, however, if you use it on a daily basis it can dry your hair out pretty badly, even when used with oils. I use mine about 3 times a week and it doesn't dry out my hair too bad.
    Sonnyswife

Answer by Sonnyswife at 12:49 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I use them. I worked for a salon though and I can tell you that we had over twenty boxes of CHI's waiting to be sent back to the company, Farouk. They broke far too often. When the company first came out with them, they offered a life time warranty. Last year, they went down to a one year warranty. That should tell you something. Don't get me wrong, they are great, while they work. I think they were originally made for stylist only use. I can tell you that Paul Mitchell's products are more expensive, but we never had any of them returned.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:49 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• UGh you are right M Avi, I haven' t seen much good stuff come from Farouk. Their products like color, and shampoos are horrible. Chi is now marketing to the public,mainstream so quality control has gone down. Just like Pantene used to be a major salon product, but not mainstream and still has the name, but is no longer the same product.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:00 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• We stopped using them in the salon because they would burn out so fast. I'm using infrashine. They are about $80, and I've had mine in the shop used all day long for the last 4 years, and it's still going strong.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:48 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• It was given to me as a Christmas present 5 years ago and it cost at the time $100. I love it! All of the other flat irons that you can buy that are cheap are just that-cheap. They perform cheaply. They do a poor job. I'd rather invest money in something that works awesome and lasts. My mom has had a CHI for 5 years too and uses hers EVERYDAY and its still like new and her hair is just fine.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:00 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Ooh, I have wanted to know this since my hairstylist first used a flat iron on my hair! Good question! :)
    Chocolatespring

Answer by Chocolatespring at 1:44 AM on Nov. 30, 2010