Soy milk

Does it taste nasty? Is it just as good? Just wondering bc thats what they want my dd to switch to.

mercy928

Asked by mercy928 at 12:58 AM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Soy milk isn't that much different. My son is drinking soy, as did my other son until he was 18 months. I used it to make mac n cheese once and it was different. but your daughter shouldn't care all that much.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 1:00 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• DH and I use soy all the time instead of cow's milk. I don't LOVE it, but cow's milk and all the crap in it just grosses me out. Your daughter should be just fine with it. :)
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:04 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• It tastes kind of nutty. I love it. I drink it, and so does DS. We also give him Lactaid milk here and there.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:05 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Yea my dd is 14mths old & not at all a picky eater. Im just wondering bc cows milk constipates her so her doc said 2 switch 2 soy/lacto free
    mercy928

Comment by mercy928 (original poster) at 1:08 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I dunno! I don't actually drink it, but my daughter has been on it for a year. She's two. She drinks the vanilla kind....she will drink the regular kind but you can tell she doesn't like it as much. She refuses to drink cow's milk at all.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 1:16 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• There is no need to drink cow's milk or soy milk. Breastfeeding is recommended for at least 2 years but human milk is the only milk human children need. Cow's milk is linked to many health issues. If she can eat food with milk in it she may get enough calcium from her diet. There are fortified juices and suppliments.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:55 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I prefer almond milk over soy milk. Also, there's some concern with with soy milk's level of false estrogen hormone that could possibly contribute to breast cancer later in life. There's a lot of info out there, but here's just one article for your consideration--

http://www.healingdaily.com/detoxification-diet/soy.htm

I don't know how real the risks are, so I use almond milk because I consider it safer, and tastier too.

vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:15 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• gail is by far the most unintelligent woman on this site. humans were never meant to be nursed that long...thats why they start getting teeth at 6 months or sooner...anyway soy is actually healthier but taste preference i'd go with almond. almond also has omega 3's
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 2:23 PM on Dec. 11, 2010