ODD/RAD 4 Year Old That Is Very Difficult To Get To Sleep

So I have joint custody of a four year old girl through a guardianship plan. Her brother and sister have lived with me full time for two and a half years. Her and her sister have been here part time for almost a year and are having to deal with a lot of unpredictability that I have tried almost every option to resolve. Anyway I have made an appointment with her older brothers therapist, but she has not begun therapy. Right now are big problem is bedtime which can literally drag on for hours. She can hve tantrums that lead to herhavig to be physocally restrained, laugh hysterically at anyone who tries to get her to go to sleep, get into things, whine, yell, cry... Pretty much any combination of behaviors with no way to predict which one is next. Her older brother is ODD and RAD as well, but no longer acts out and is graduated out of his group mental health program, but somehow this child is ore challenging and I am out of ideas.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Melatonin. Works like a charm. Natural brain hormone found in an herb (plant) source.
    RocketMom14kids

Answer by RocketMom14kids at 10:58 AM on Nov. 30, 2010