Losing weight...

Has anyone tried the diet where you count your fat gram intake instead of calories? Me and my aunt are determined to lose weight before Christmas and she was telling me about the diet she's done before where you eat low fat foods and count the fat grams. She said she got down to a size 6, but gained weight after she started a new job and didn't follow the diet anymore.

I found a website online that said for my weight i shouldn't eat anymore than 50 grams of fat a day. Just wondering if anyone else has tried this and what kind of results you got.

misspriss_1987

Asked by misspriss_1987 at 1:08 AM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I haven't but there's a weight loss website that I joined a few years ago that has answers to almost everything under the sun and it's FREE! lol go to sparkpeople dot com and you should be able to get your info there.
    Good Luck on your weightloss journey momma!
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 1:30 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• A diet is a diet. But exercise is the key.
    AbsoluteSelf

Answer by AbsoluteSelf at 4:28 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• The problem with that diet is that it really doesn't matter how many fat grams you take in, it is the calories that count. Soda doesn't have any fat in it, but if you drink too much, it is the calories that will make you fat. I have journal post explaining calories in - calories out.

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 7:36 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I have a friend that followed this diet and she lost a ton of weight. However, I think that you still need to keep an eye out for things that have low fat grams but have a ton of calories.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 8:40 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Ok personally that sounds to detailed for me lol. We are doing the 90 Day Body By Vi challenge. No counting, cutting, etc.... Just replace 2 meals a day with the nutrition shake :). It's simple, quick and really works. You can check out the website: http://www.christinadennis.bodybyvi.com/

ChristinaAtHome

Answer by ChristinaAtHome at 1:49 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Working out is the best diet I think
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:45 AM on Jan. 7, 2011