Why do people bother commenting or answering questions when they have no clue what they are talking about????

I'm reading through questions and answers and some of the answers are well dumb. Its one thing to express a opinion and another to state something as fact when you have no idea what you are talking about. So do you answer questions just for the credits or to help other moms?

MommyTanisha

Asked by MommyTanisha at 1:19 AM on Nov. 30, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I'll often go on down the line and leave an answer on most reasonable questions, even if it's simply "I'm not sure. Good luck with that." Why not?
    DazzlednSeattle

Answer by DazzlednSeattle at 1:21 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I know what you mean. I sometimes wonder if people have done their research before answering serious questions. I don't answer questions about topics I'm not too familiar with, or when I do, I will add a link with a reference.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:21 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• they want the credits.....
    Meladori_Magpie

Answer by Meladori_Magpie at 1:26 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Because this is a public website and it's their right to do so. I'm sure we've all answered a few questions on here that really didn't pertain to us. I notice you have been complaining a lot about what and how people post on here.The internet is a huge place with lots of different opinions, and thoughts. Not trying to be rude, but if it gets you so upset, log off, no one is holding you here.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:29 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• rolling on floorLOL who said I was upset Musicmom80? Funny you should complain about what I post though while telling me to not to get upset about what other people post. And by the way two posts is hardly a lot. Thanks for the advise though :)

MommyTanisha

Comment by MommyTanisha (original poster) at 1:33 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Well, obviously it's taking up space in your head, or you wouldn't be wasting energy complaining about it. Oh and it's been 3 posts. And it's advice not advise. Thanks.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:35 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Oh, and I wasn't complaining. I was simply answering your question. So if you can't handle differing opinions, don't put yours out there. That simple.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:36 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Well your reading them and commenting so at least someone is enjoying them. I didnt give it nearly as much thought as you gave my grammer. Honestly you are going way over board if my posts make you so upset how about you log off and stop reading them. You give such great advice how about taking it. Yes the dumb answers annoyed me for a second I posted I got over it without looking for someone to bash. Your right its a public website we are free to post what we want and that includes me so get over it.

MommyTanisha

Comment by MommyTanisha (original poster) at 1:43 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I'm not upset at all. I just think it's funny that you are so compelled to post this stuff, so I thought I'd comment. Ohhh, I got some more points! Well, maybe you should give thought to grammar while you are accusing others of not knowing what they are talking about just because you don't agree with their answers..... Kind of looks hypocritical.
    You are bashing by making posts. I don't think you are over it.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:50 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• popcorn

Gen

Answer by Gen at 1:55 AM on Nov. 30, 2010