We have a 9 year old grandson and his parents are having a baby girl this month, I don't think that he should be allowed in the room while she is being changed. Not that it makes any difference but they are half brother and sister.

neena55

Asked by neena55 at 2:35 AM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Its a baby. and he should already know thats boys have a penis and girls have a vagina. I dont think its a big deal. JMO. Im having a girl in Jan and my two sons are 2 and 3 and will help me change and sometimes bathe her.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 2:38 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• ohmy....that sounds a bit nuttty gram! You should just keep that little slice of crazy to yourself!
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 6:01 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• You are being silly. It is not up to you anyway ( unless you have custody of him and the baby ) you are NOT his parent or the baby's parent. My son was 6 and a half when my daughter was born and I don't recall asking him to leave the room when I changed her. I didn't call him over to take a peek , but I didn't kick him out of the room either.
    jcm62497

Answer by jcm62497 at 8:01 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I think if you keep him out of the room the whole thing suddenly becomes much more interesting to him because now it's taboo. If you just go about it like the normal everyday occurence that it is then it won't be a big deal. It seems like a silly thing to worry about. There is nothing sexual about a diaper change. Being naked and being sexual are two totally different things. Even if he had an initial curiousity, which I would think was totally normal, after a few days I would think that curiousity would be satisfied and he would probably have very little interest in what's going on during a diaper change.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 12:51 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• So if they were full brother and sister it would be ok in your eyes? What are you afraid of?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:10 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• LuvMyMedic3ID - That is a great answer!!
    It's a baby, if you forbid him seeing her, you make it much more appealing. There is nothing wrong with seeing a baby girl changed, sister or not.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:12 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• WTF? He is going to be a dad one day. He needs to see diapers being changed. And LOTS of kids help change their siblings. Sheesh.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:13 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Grandma, you need to take your silliness and stay out of the parenting decisions. Give me a break!! What is the big deal if the BROTHER sees his INFANT sister naked? I am sure he will be helping with the baby and someday he will become a dad. Not a big deal at all.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:22 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• LuvMyMedic3ID, I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants, and yes, she is right lol
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 10:16 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Is this a joke?

If not you are being COMPLETELY ridiculous!
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 1:19 AM on Dec. 1, 2010