Christmas tree & cats, ugh

OK, how do you keep a tree nice without cats climbing up it?

NicolesMommy

Asked by NicolesMommy at 2:49 AM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Pets

• I was so worried about this but my tree has been up three days and I havent seen the cat touch it once. Hope you figure something out :)

MommyTanisha

Answer by MommyTanisha at 2:57 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• You probably won't find a solution, I have a similar problem with my dogs.
    AbsoluteSelf

Answer by AbsoluteSelf at 3:49 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• We had the problem with our Abyssinian. We used fishing line to anchor the tree to the blinds and he jumped in the tree so hard it broke the line and the tree fell pinning him. We let him stay under the tree for a few minutes then let him out and checked to make sure he wasn't hurt -- he was fine and he never touched the tree again. Every year after that he would never go within 3ft of the tree.

emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 10:11 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• This is a hard one... For one thing---don't hang bulbs on the lowest branches where kitty can bat at them !!!
    IndigoRose

Answer by IndigoRose at 10:46 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Two years ago, I fostered a litter of kittens and still had 4 of them by the time Christmas came around. We did not even bother trying because the Kittens were about 4-5 months old at that point and it had disaster written all over it. I still have three from that litter but anyway I kept a squirt bottle handy and that helped.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 12:35 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• My cats lay under the tree, they don't touch it. I also have a couple ornaments that have bells and they hate bells!
    nbaker1227

Answer by nbaker1227 at 3:58 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• my cats just lay under the tree too.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 9:47 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• i really wish i knew lol....however my cat hasnt touch our tree yet...then again she is old and bitchy....she hates everyone unles she want outside lol....good luck on that
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 10:46 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• We try to keep the decorations off of the bottom otherwise our cats will attack it. As long as there isn't something on the bottom then my cats usually don't mess with it.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 2:07 AM on Dec. 1, 2010