switch a 5 week old schedule?

My 5 week old sleeps all day and stays up all night (9pm-8am NO JOKE)
and when I say stay up all night I mean screams bloody murder unless she has a bottle in her mouth.

I'm going out of my mind sleeping all day and not being able to get shit done around the house at night either since im always tending to her needs.. please, no tips on how to comfort her at night for the screaming..... been there done that!

how can I get her to reverse her schedule?

FITmama2B

Asked by FITmama2B at 4:33 AM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Keep her up in the day a little longer. Do it gradually. Every day another 1/2 hour to an hour. Start a nighttime bedtime routine... story, dimmed lights, a soft song or two... swaddle and sway... eventually she will get the hint that this is nighttime. But a 5 week old will often need to eat multiple times a night, so get used to feeding her during the night. You just need to get her fall asleep after she eats. Buy the book The Happiest Baby on the Block. Has GREAT tips for getting a baby to sleep.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 5:05 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Wake her up at least every 3 hours during the day to eat and expose her to natural light at least via the window. At night let her sleep as long as she will between feedings. That's what I did with all 5 of mine and it only took a couple of days for them to get their schedule on track.

Answer by missanc at 9:36 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Keep her up more during the day if you see that shes getting cranky cus shes sleepy during day play with her or read her a book or put music on sing to her anything to keep her up and since she so fussy at night just rub her back or her tummy maybe she has gas or colic some babies get colic around the 1 to 2 month mark there is also colic drops you can buy them at HEB or Walmart good luck to you i hope this was helpful :)
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 4:26 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• GET HER COLD TURKEY LOL just kidding. i make mine stay awake. even if i have to dance a jig. then i will put them to sleep when i want them to. start off with those lovely lavender bath that actually work.
    natalieumphrey

Answer by natalieumphrey at 8:21 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• i don't mess around with my babies i have to be the boss from day 1 because i have alot of other kids and things to do so i slide them right on in the schedule. sometimes it can be challenging but it has to be done.
    natalieumphrey

Answer by natalieumphrey at 8:23 AM on Dec. 1, 2010