CPS?

has anyone ever had CPS called on them? If so why and what did they do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:40 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in General Parenting

• yes I had CPS come by and check on the welfare of my son, My daughter had just passed away from SIDS, they ask the parents and the child a bunch of questions and then I had to come into there office for a follow up appointment with my son I was scared because I thought they were going to take him away, but they didn't I was just over reacting, but you never know......
    Anonymous

• nope but I've called on several people including family members. I am a mandatory reporter.
    Anonymous

• When my children were about 1 and 2 I had them called on me. A neighbor complained that I only took my kids outside to play for no more than 2 hours a day. The CPS case worker thought 2 hours a day of outside time was more than acceptable and that the call was ridiculous, but they have to follow up on all reports. My 2 other neighbors with children were also reported, after talking we think it was the same person that reported all 3 of us.
    Anonymous

• We did once. We had two friends of ours staying with for a while and when they left it wasn't under good terms. Long story short, they got angry and reported us to CPS for keeping an unclean house and not having enough food in the house. It was amazing how easy it was to keep the house clean and food in the house when the freeloaders left. They would trash the house before they went to bed and then when I woke up, I would be mad! I made meals that would have normally fed a family of seven, and somehow by the time I got to eat, it was all gone. The case worker came in and sat with me a few minutes, talked with my SS. And checked out my kitchen and the like. She said that the case had no ground in fact and that she was sorry for taking my time.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 7:02 PM on Nov. 5, 2008