Hi. I have just had a Mirena coil removed after 5 years and am trying for a baby. How soon will my fertility return and how do i judge it after so long?

carok

Asked by carok at 5:23 AM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I had mine for four years and it took us 9 months to get pregnant. It took 6 months for my cycles to get back to being regular. I had no problem getting pregnant before the Mirena (in fact, I was on the pill when I got preggo with my son).
    Like PP said, it can vary widely. If after a year of trying, you are not pregnant yet, then I would go see the doc
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 7:11 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I had mine for 3 years and got pregnant 2 months after we started trying; with that said i had a friend who had hers out exactly the same time and started trying one month before me and she is still not pregnant due to developing PCOS. It all depends on you and your body, maybe it will take a month, it may take a year. Best of luck

HMHUTSON

Answer by HMHUTSON at 5:44 AM on Nov. 30, 2010