What is the best lotion to use for seriously dry skin?

tinashannon1991

Asked by tinashannon1991 at 7:37 AM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Health

• I like St. Ives 24-Hr. Moisterizing lotion.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:45 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• My son has severely dry skin and patches of eczema. I've been using Lubriderm Advanced Therapy Lotion. It has worked wonders on his skin. I can no longer feel the patches of eczema and his skin is so much softer.
    lizmarie1975

Answer by lizmarie1975 at 7:59 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Vaseline has a cocoa butter gel body oil, that i buy at walmart for like $5 a bottle, its thicker than regular baby oil. so i wont feel greasy or slimy but stay moisturized, is i mix a little in my hand with my favorite lotion, ive mixed it with my victoria secret, to my cheap brand that doesnt work to well on its own. It compliments every lotion ive added it to, seriously! please try, let me know what you think. a little goes a long way with this product just put a dime sizee amount in your hands, add your normal everyday lotion and mix it around in your palms, youll instantly feel the difference, safe for all over your body (even the sensitive parts, yes ive used it instead of lube and no harmful effects surfaced)
    emmasmom04

Answer by emmasmom04 at 8:02 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I use St. Ives too. It is a good lotion. I use the Renewing type.

Answer by louise2 at 8:03 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Vaseline Intensive Rescue Lotion, but you can buy store brand versions of it. I use the Wal-Mart, Equate brand. I use it for my daughter and my skin as well. It works wonderfully!
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 8:29 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Ceravae. Eucerin.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 8:42 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Eucerin is great and also what the doctor said to use.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 9:07 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• gold bond! or vaseline coco butter.... also the palmers cocobutter< really thick kind in a tub> all these i can use and ive got super sensitive skin thats also very dry in places
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 9:17 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• For me I like Cocoa Butter, my DD has more sensitive skin and for her we use Cetaphil. Both are more of a cream than a lotion so they are thicker and seem to hydrate the skin better.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 12:46 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• i have excema and dry skin and eucerin is the BEST out there. get the walmart cheapo brand, same ingredients! get the cream, not the lotion, its thicker and lasts longer!!!
    armywife117

Answer by armywife117 at 10:20 PM on Nov. 30, 2010