Cannot Find Pants That Fit My Daughter

My daughter is 4 1/2 and is the 90th percentile for height and weight. She needs a size 6x for the waist, but the length is too long. I can hem pants, but there are so many other issues.... the rise is short, so she constantly has "plumbers butt" and they all seem to be too tight in the thigh area too. I am looking for a roomier cut jean. I have tried Target, Kohls, Oshkosh, Carters, but even the more tradtional brands make the more trendier grown up cut for girls. I have thought about trying a boy jean, but only as a last resort! Any suggestions welcome. I just want my sweet little girl to look like a little girl and not grown up in overly trendy clothes!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:06 AM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I am sorry. I have the opposite problem. My kids are underweight and even the slim jeans fall off of them and look baggy. If I buy them smaller, they are too short. My kids wear the trendy styles as long as they aren't too revealing. Good luck to you!
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 8:08 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• just let her wear leggings...they are more comfy and they are cute! She will even out and can wear jeans later
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 8:09 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Try looking online for a "pretty plus" size in clothing. I was built like this as a kid and my parents went for the "husky" jeans in the boys department (would not have been my pick) but I do know that at that time there was a girls option too, they were just more expensive . I think Sears is the one that carries them, but I could be mistaken.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:11 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Maybe tights and dresses.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 8:17 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Try Levis and Old navy. They tend to have a higher cut in the waist.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:21 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I have a similar problem except my daughter is a 4 in the waist but she is SOOO gosh darn tall! I suggest trying the skinny jeans. Just about everywhere sells them now. I picked up 2 pair the other day from Wal mart of all places and they look adorable on her. That way, if the bottoms seem to be a little TOO long you can easily roll them a bit without having to worry about hemming them. Plus they do look awfully cute with her winter boots over them rather than her jeans over her boots instead. Just a suggestion! I have so been there!! We started using the skinnys and I havent bought a regular pair of jeans since.. atleast until she evens out a bit lol
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:33 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I have the same problem and mine wear lil boy jeans... I get them from target and with the right shirts you cant even tell they are boy pants
    mommadent

Answer by mommadent at 2:45 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• My daughter is small and jeans are really difficult to find for her. I have found that Zara is huge. My daughter who will be 4 this week is just now fitting into her 2-3 jeans. Gap is also quite big. You may have to go for the more expensive places and just get a pair or two which fit and just change between them. They have a store called Vertbaudet.co.uk which is french and they do skinny, regular and a wider fit...but I'm not sure if they would ship to the US....but it wouldn't hurt to look.
    Good luck!!
    baboluchi56

Answer by baboluchi56 at 5:54 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• try plus size for toddlers
    tonyalynn

Answer by tonyalynn at 6:56 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• try levis or basic additions from kmart my daugther is just like your daugther and pants is the hardest thing to find for her, also skirt and tights or even leggins work fine even during winter.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 10:37 PM on Nov. 30, 2010