Single Moms

If you are a single Mom do you ever get a break? Do you have someone that you can rely on to come over and be with your children so you can get out, do something only for yourself? Do you get out of the house or do you stay and lock yourself in a room where you can do stuff like hobbies and such?
Do you have something like a Moms Night Out?

BeaMoore

Asked by BeaMoore at 8:09 AM on Nov. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes, I have mommy time. I have wonderful friends and family that were always willing to take my son when I needed a break. I also had an early bedtime, so I could spend time doing things that I enjoy. It is very important to have mommy time. A happy mommy is a good mommy.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:12 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Thankfully I have a very supportive family mainly my father. He helps out whenever I need. Some nites I let my son spend the night with my dad which is great for me. I have time to actually sleep through the nite and just relax. My son also goes to daycare three times a week so that I can go to school so thats help also. After school I usually have have about 5hrs to myself before I have to pick my son up. When my son is spending time with his grandfather I usually either relax and watch a movie at home or I'll go shopping (when I go with my son he those things out the cart). Not all single mothers have this luxury so I'm very grateful.

Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 8:18 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I get plenty of me time now that my son is seventeen.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:19 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Single Moms (and Dads) do need to have an outlet, whether its online chatting to adults on here or going out and visiting the mall or going to the gym.

I don't have any real life friends, I've tried to find activities here, but nothing interests me or the stuff is so unorganized I lost interest. I purposely joined a gym to get out of the house and stay in shape. Didn't wanna just be in the house and become a blob due to my lack of a fulfilling life.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:26 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• i have great parents who will take my kids when ever i need, but honestly ,,, i am kinda of a homebody and just do me time after the kids are a sleep by watching tv or reading a book, and some times i even get in a sewing prodject or to.....

cara124

Answer by cara124 at 8:29 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• i always try to have mami time but idont always get it when i can but i hope i will someday
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 10:11 AM on Nov. 30, 2010