I had bleeding.... scared, is this Normal? (TMI)

Last night DH and I had sex and when I woke up about 3:30 to go to the bathroom I noticed it was a reddish brown when I wiped, the second time I wiped there was a very small amount of like stringy brown discharge... This morning I went to the bathroom about 8:00 and it was tinted brown, like old blood...
What does this mean? Could I be having a Misscarriage or is normal?

Stephy878481

Asked by Stephy878481 at 8:11 AM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Doesn't sound abnormal to me. As long as it's not bright and it's not getting heavier i wouldn't worry too much. I did the same thing during my pregnancy. But if your worried it can't hurt to get checked out. best of luck;)
    andie6

Answer by andie6 at 8:16 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• How far along are you? When I was 36ish weeks I had that and they said it was my mucus plug. If its brown it usually means old blood so I don't think you have to worried that much. If it's bright red, then you have to worry. Either way call your doctor, but you know that. Good luck, mama. I'm sure it's fine.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 8:17 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• This happened to me with my daughter and also with my current pregnancy with twins. I know it's normal to freak out about the sight of blood when pregnant but in the beginning it can be very normal. Your body is cleansing itself and getting rid of what SHOULD have been your period. I wouldn't worry about it too much unless your having cramps and such. But never hurts to mention it to your doc when you go in.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:24 AM on Nov. 30, 2010