Anyone have a simple crock-pot chili recipe I can throw together?

Or even one that's not for the crock pot. One that uses hamburger (b/c I have that on hand) and preferrably one that's not TOO spicy... 2 reasons being my 2 year old won't eat it and also I'm pregnant and the heartburn with that alone is a killer. :)

MamaLisa1976

Asked by MamaLisa1976 at 8:19 AM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Food & Drink

• We buy a box from the store that has the seasoning in it. You just have to buy the meat beans ans tomato sauce.

Answer by louise2 at 8:25 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Yes, I just made it last night and it is the BEST. I will PM the recipe to you later.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 9:23 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Yay thanks!!
    MamaLisa1976

Comment by MamaLisa1976 (original poster) at 9:49 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• 1 LB, crumbled cooked ground beef
    1 can EACH black, pinto and kidney beans, drained and rinsed
    1 can V-8
    3-4 whole garlic cloves
    1 med brown onion coarsely chopped
    1 can diced tomatoes w/ green chilis (if you really can't handle spiciness at all, sub in plain or oregaho tomatoes)
    chili powder, salt and pepper to taste

Toss the whole mess into the crock pot on low for 6-8 hours. After 6 hours, taste and adjust seasonings as necessary. (I suggest adding salt at the end as foods tend to get saltier as they cook)
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 3:12 PM on Nov. 30, 2010