I'm contemplating murdering my selfish husband!!!

So he decides A FEW WEEKS BEFORE CHRISTMAS that he won't take one of his collegue's shit, has a fight and QUITS! He gets paid weekly, so he covers food, nappies, formula etc. I cover the bills at the end of the month. I've already paid the bills, my salary's gone. Now we have no food. Our daughters nappies are almost finished, as is her formula. I feel angry and depressed and helpless all at once. To top it all off, he expects me to baby and support him through this "hard time" of his!!! AAAGGGHHHH! This has happened before (a few times) but stupid as I am, I want to play "happy families" and stay for the sake of our daughter. Can anybody relate? Give advice/an encouraging words?

CassyzMom

Asked by CassyzMom at 8:48 AM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• that was selfish and ill thought out of him. I'd be pissed and scared out of my head right now.

Start selling stuff on ebay or a yard sale and return everything you still have receipts for right now. See if friends/family can float a loan to you.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:51 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Take out a life insurance policy and make it look like an accident.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 8:53 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• ... and keep a close eye on his effords to quickly find a new job and support you moraly until things are getting better. The moment he gets all depressed and feeling sorry for himself give him a good reality check!
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 8:53 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Lol Shanna *evil grin* MMMMMM
    CassyzMom

Comment by CassyzMom (original poster) at 8:53 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• also start looking for some part time work at least to get something in. Since he's obviously going to be home now, let him watch the kids, while you job hunt.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:54 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Ugh my husband used to be this way BEFORE he was my husband! I told him some things needed to change before we ever consider marriage. When you are an adult and have a FAMILY to provide for, sometimes you just have to SUCK IT UP and deal with it until you can find something better! I'm sorry he put you in this position. I agree with the previous poster, try to find some things you really don't need and sell them. Maybe apply for temporary food assistance during this rough time. I hope he finds a job soon and things look up!
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:55 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Maybe not a help for right now-some others have good advice for that-if you stay with him, you must put aside money for an emergency-because it will happen again. You have to protect and provide for your child. Always keep a stock of food on hand to last you awhile. Until he finds another job-tell him he has to go to the day labor pool, that way you will have some money for food.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:01 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• There always comes a time in marriage where you have to ask yourself "is he alive because deep down I really love him, or is it because I'm not clever enough to make it look like an accident". My husband has done this a few times too. What I do is always keep an updated copy of his resume on my computer and I send it out to every job posting. It's a lot of work on my part and it makes me even more angry that I am the one who got him his last 3 jobs, but at least most of our bills are getting paid. Don't kill him... Jail would get boring after a while.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 9:08 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• But only sell HIS stuff, if you can, not your stuff. My hubby has lots of tools and shit. So if he ever did this, I'd sell all his shit.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:10 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I would get a pt job its good for the holidays right now sit on it think about what you want and ask him if he has a time line for what he is going to do to get a better or another job? Set up a time table and work it out from there.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:10 AM on Nov. 30, 2010