What is the best way to study the bible and how much of what you read should you highligh in the bible

What to highlight in your bible when you are reading it

tinamarie1972

Asked by tinamarie1972 at 8:52 AM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• ask a religious leader for the best thoughts.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:55 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• For me, when I was first saved, the best way I found to study the Bible was through a Bible study. Two days after I got saved, we started an amazing Beth Moore study, called "Jesus, The One and Only." It really set me into a good study habit. I also started reading the Bible through, from cover to cover, according to a reading plan the following Jan. 1. I have now read God's Word through 7 times, and will start again with the New Year. Each time I do, I find something new and wonderful I had never seen before. Best wishes as you study,and learn what God has for you. His Word is truly amazing.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 9:12 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Oh, sorry, as to what to highlight, I really just highlight verses that really stand out at me, that speak to me,and whatever may be going on in my life at that time. Verses I want to go back,and do more studying on later, verses that apply to something I'm discussing with someone else, believe me, you will know when you start reading. You'll be amazed at how God will speak to you from His Word.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 9:14 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I like to pray for knowledge and an open heart. :)
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 9:53 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I also higlight verses that realy stand out and speak to me. You can also use colored pencils. There are pamphlets about what colors to use for different scriptures. This is the one I use:
    Brown: Word
    Fawn: Divine Healing
    Crimson- Prosperity, Tithing & Giving
    Red- The name of Jesus
    Orange- Salvation
    Yellow- Prayer & fasting
    Light green- Water Baptism
    Dark Green- In Him
    Light Blue- Holy Spirit
    Dark Blue- Praise & Worship
    Purple- Faith
    Black- Demons & Hell
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 10:08 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• oh, and the best way to study the bible is anyway that you're led. If your new to bible study I'd suggest an "organised" one such as Beth Moore, etc. I've done 4 of her bible studies and each has blessed me tremendously. Or you can read the bible cover to cover or in whatever order you're led to.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 10:10 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I Always ask God to guide me and teach me my lesson for the day. I tried to read the Bible cover to cover....not a good idea. lol You will lose the message in all of the linage in the beginning...lol. You can go to a Christian book store and get a study guide. It is best for me to have a general summary of what the book ( book in the Bible) is about. I also like to read from 2 Bibles. That way if I don't understand a scripture I can read it from a different Bible, it sometimes says it in a different way. Try a NKJ version and a study Bible. As far as what and when to highlight, you will know. Also get some index cards and put verses on there that you would like to remember and carry them with you, you never know hen you might need them. I think a great place to start in the Bible is Ephesians and James is also a good place to start. Remember to pray every time you set down to read. Good Luck.

Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 11:28 AM on Nov. 30, 2010