what is obamas plan on infants and toddlers required to be in daycare is it true and do you have a link to the plan??

i am so confused

babykins362003

Asked by babykins362003 at 4:42 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• How could that be true? How could he REQUIRE that a child go into daycare? "Sorry, no you can not be a SAHM and raise your kids yourself, you MUST have them in a daycare with strangers."

That's just silly.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:43 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Oh so now we don't have the right to be SAHMs? Huh? Did I miss something?
    Anonymous

• I never heard of this til today... can someone enlighten us? I'll go snoopin' around on snopes... may be one of those slanderous emails...
    Nunyabiznes

Answer by Nunyabiznes at 4:45 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• They didnt bash you... they are mad for the same reason you are. I havent heard of this though
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 4:48 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• what I dont understand why are people so mean when we talk about Obama.....He's gonna be our new president so yall need to respect him and have a little faith of him.......We as women should support each other on here, not bash each other for wanting to get a decent answer to there question!!!!, there's alot of moms cancelling there account because of ignorant people who are just plain rude!!!!
    tatalalicious

Answer by tatalalicious at 4:49 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• i read it on the question posted if you had 5 min to talk to obama what would you say??? i am so confused
    babykins362003

Answer by babykins362003 at 4:50 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• My understanding is he wants to tighten restrictions on homeschooling at a federal level, and also wants to require infants and toddlers to attend preschools, rather than being allowed to be homeschooled by their parents. Obama is essentially aiming for universal preschool requirements for all children.
    Anonymous

• He endorses universal preschool. It's not mandatory. Also, he can endorse anything he wants. Doesn't mean it will happen.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 4:50 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Oh, and by the way, you will be footing the bill with your higher property taxes (or rather I will be footing the bill). Those of you that prefer to rent, don't aspire to more because if something like this passes, that's where educational money comes from. You're Welcome!
    Anonymous

• It wouldn't be manditory (although, whenever programs like this are created, you have to look to the future and consider how the program could morph over time... eventually becoming manditory, as kindergarten has in most states [it didn't used to be])

I don't see why the federal government should be funding preschool when its educational and social effects are so debateable.
    whohannah

Answer by whohannah at 4:54 PM on Nov. 5, 2008