Was the outcry as loud with the first document dump?

I haven't been watching the news much, but for some reason it seems as though our government is more upset about the second dump of secret documents by Wikileaks than the first. I don't recall anyone stating that Wikileaks should be considered a terrorist organization until this second dump. Why the wait? And if they did, please correct me because I don't recall that from the first records dump.

FTR, I tend to agree that the person / persons responsible for the leak are putting people in harms way and that they will have blood on their hands if people die because of it. I just don't recall the outcry being as loud with the first round of leaks.

QuinnMae

Asked by QuinnMae at 9:12 AM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I kinda had the same thought. It's getting a little too close to home I guess for our elected officials and security based intelligence systems. there is more out there, and I think some are scrambling to get him closed down before the REAL stuff comes out.
    I've always said, the common citizen does not need to know what the government really does. But then again-they should. I'm not sure where all this will go, I'm hoping it will all be used for good eventually.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:45 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• No...i think this leak has much higher level information...it's not just reports from the battle zone, it's negotiations between heads of state and such.

I think this leak is more damaging...although I'm not quite sure if i consider it espionage.

UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 9:45 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• In the news this morning, it was said that another dump is on the way, and this one is going to affect banks. Why can't this be stopped??
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:45 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Nothing was done before-the administration was "looking into it", what wimps. They did nothing to stop this second leak.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:24 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I really think it was louder. It should be louder now though. There are things we could have done to stop this. Obama can shut down oodles of websites selling fake crap but he can't do anything about this or any web site it's on? Technically we could have swept down and snatched this guy the first time it happened. The question here is WHY didn't they do anything.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:44 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• The info contained in them is further reaching amd more damaging with governments from Iran, Pakistan, China and N. Korea....at a VERY bad time

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:00 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Yes Quinn, that's what I am saying.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:32 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• No it wasn't but the liberal media is more concerned because Obama and his minions are being dumped as well.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:33 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• So the first records dump only had to do with past administrations? And the current dump includes documents from this administration? Is that what you are saying?

QuinnMae

Comment by QuinnMae (original poster) at 9:39 AM on Nov. 30, 2010