Is is time to pull out the duct tape?

I unfortunately live on the 2nd floor of my condo complex. My downstairs neighbor comes up this morning, pounding on the door saying he can't stand the running around anymore. I have my 2 yr old dd, another 2 yr old boy I babysit during the day and my 7 yr old nephew I pick up from school everyday. I seriously try to take them out as much as I can during the day, but the gas bill can tend to get pretty high doing that everyday. These people are generally nice and my dd loves them, but seriously what am I supposed to do? Duct tape them to the wall? They're freakin 2 yrs old, of course they're going to run around occasionally. I also can't help that my dd loves to dance pretty much non stop..Seriously, it makes me so depressed. I wish we didn't have to live here, but we just can't afford to move anywhere else right now.

bingbong

Asked by bingbong at 9:16 AM on Nov. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would use the duct tape on the neighbor next time he complains.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 9:18 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Too bad for him. That's just something he has to deal with when having a downstairs apartment! I have lived in both an upstairs and a downstairs and I can tell you that things always sound 10x louder than they actually are from the bottom floor. Let him complain all he wants!
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:21 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• as long as it is daylight hours, there isn't much they can do but complain. I would try to reach a truce, before they become vindictive. I lived in a 3rd floor condo, and the neighbors below us would point their sub at the ceiling and blast us @ 2 am when they knew we were all asleep.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:18 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Your kids should be free to run and play in their own home. Let them play outside (if there is a nice place in your complex) to give the neighbor a break from the noise, but don't make them miserable at home to suit anyone.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:27 AM on Nov. 30, 2010