easy handmade gifts for grandparents?

my kids are in grade school so the typical things like a handprint with a poem may not be the right gift :)

stargazer74

Asked by stargazer74 at 9:23 AM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Holidays

• The craft stores have decorative sidewalk squares that your child can design/decorate themselves. They're pretty easy to do & look great! You can also get a large white or light colored sweatshirt/hoody and have the kids put their hands in fabric paint- so all the grandkids' handprints are on it. Once the paint dries, they can put their names inside the handprints. The kids could also put together & decorate a gingerbread house. They have kits w/ all the supplies you need. They can also make their own ornaments. We've done all of the things I've mentioned, and all were a hit. :) Enjoy your holidays.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:32 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• my kids love to make frames out of popsile sticks , glue, glitter and put in a great pic of them with that grandparent we have taken at some family function during the year.....you can get most of the supples at the dollor store....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:28 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• This year I took a picture of my parents with the kiddos the last time we visited with them in July and I had it turned into a coloring page on Crayola.com.. then I let my daughter color it the way she liked it. I thought it was neat =) I'm sure my parents will love it
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:28 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Kids love making picture frames or do their hand print....
    help them make a scrap book of them and the grandparents
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 9:49 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Do you sew? My mom helped my daughter make "heating pads" for her other adult relatives - they picked out some soft fabric and made a "pillow" with deer corn in it instead of regular stuffing. Then you just put it in the microwave, heat for 2-3 minutes and it stays hot for a really long time. My mom printed a cute poem on it's use off the internet and attached it with a ribbon. I use mine all the time, especially in the winter!
    My daughter also has made candy cane and wreath ornaments out of tribeads (you can google it). And then there easy cross stitch kits that you can frame for ornaments or just knick knacks.

Answer by missanc at 9:50 AM on Nov. 30, 2010