I asked about a background check and need another answer...please

How far back do they go? and would it show something I did as a teen? I was told they are still waiting because of another state I lived in, im assumming they had to get all states. It`s just that when I was a teen I did somthing and it was in the other state. That was like 24 years ago. Think it will be seen? and will they hold it againest me? It`s just a housekeeping job. Thanks!!

saiyangirl22

Asked by saiyangirl22 at 4:43 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Money & Work

• Anything under the age of 18, unless you were tried as an adult, SHOULD be sealed. They go all the way back to when you became an adult.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:49 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• It depends on where the housekeeping job is. If it is in a hospital or anything like that, it requires a security clearance, but even then if what you were convicted for was not violent, abusive, or neglectful, generally it will not affect your employment.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:45 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Tell that to the Navy that was able to see a conviction I had when I was 15....

CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:55 PM on Nov. 5, 2008