Every parent (esp. parents of teens) should read this

In Sunday's Parade section (or you can go to parade.com) there was an article called "Inside your teens head". It explained a lot & had scientific studies to back up what any parent of a teen has lived thru! This info reinforces the need for stronger parental involvement, and hopefully a new way to reach our children struggling in school & in life. It also makes me wonder if the age of "adulthood" shouldnt be raised to 21. At the very least, us parents of teens know we're not alone & our kids are normal (for the most part! -lol)

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 9:27 AM on Nov. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have taken several classes on adolescent psycology and I agree that at 18 the mind is not nearly fully developed enough to be considered an adult
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 9:39 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I took a psychology class in college. Our prof said that the human brain is not fully developed until age 26. The last part of the brain to develop s the reasoning part.
    mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 10:19 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• You don't need an article to tell you what you know and what you do every day.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:32 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I read the article and I live through my teens years this way, I was involved in every aspect of their lives, even when they went away to college. Teens need to know their parents are part of their lives whether we agree with their lives or not, it is theirs to live and our job is to support it as long as there is no harm being done.

Answer by older at 9:34 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• It was all common sense to me.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:37 AM on Nov. 30, 2010