Do you feel a need to have all of the mysteries of the universe explained...

...And will a simple blanket explanation do, such as Intelligent Design?

If you were presented with factual information regarding the development of our solar system, our home planet, the vegetation and animal species which inhabit it, would you still be inclined to believe that you were created by some supreme being?

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 9:54 AM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Present factual information that explains ALL of it and I would take a look but so far there has only been theories and "could have....."
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:56 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I don't feel the need to have it all explained and I don't believe in a supreme being :)
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 9:56 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Nope...I don't see the universe as a mystery.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:56 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I don't feel the need to have it all explained. God calls for us to have faith - it would be easy to believe if everything were factual and we were able to understand it all.

Answer by missanc at 9:58 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I do not feel the need for that kind of explanation. The facts that have been thus far revealed line up completely with the story of Creation, and that's good enough for me.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:58 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• No, I do not feel the need to have all mysteries explained, for I know they will be in time. Why does it have to one or the other - God or science? For me God was the original scientist. So, yes, one can present scientific information and I will still believe in God.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:58 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I did when I was little, now I just accept things as they are. I know I will have all of my questions answered when I meet the Man Upstairs.

Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 10:01 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• If you were presented with factual information regarding the development of our solar system, our home planet, the vegetation and animal species which inhabit it, would you still be inclined to believe that you were created by some supreme being?

This factual information does incline that I was created.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 10:02 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I find as I get more mature, my need for solid answers grows. The pat "well, just have faith" answer doesn't cut it for me any longer.
    The other night at our thanksgiving get-together, my VERY fundamentalist religious mother and I got into an unfortunate little spat (started by her, always) about that need, and creationism VS. evolution was brought up. I honestly had to suppress gales of guffaws when she looked me in the eye and told me how faith is required to trust in evolution over the LITERAL biblical creation story. Oh, the irony, cause you know the whole Garden of Eden thing doesn't take any faith. I told her that I wasn't exactly 100% positive where I stood on ID, evolution, ID-led evolution, etc but that there are Christians out there who believe that God himself initiated the process of evolution because that's the only way they can reconcile their faith with science. She looked at me as if I'd grown a 2nd head.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 10:02 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• My mind is always open to new theories, but even science cannot explain sometimes the wonder of it all.

Answer by older at 10:05 AM on Nov. 30, 2010