What 'facts' prove the theory of creation?

(other than what you find in your holy book)

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 10:02 AM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Since my choices were made on my beliefs, I'm not really that inclined to look at facts. The facts you choose to believe anyway. It's very hard for the analytical mind to comprehend the mind of those that believe and what it believes in. and vice versa. Is it Theologian day at CM?
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:07 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Obby, We have been through this....That is all the fact we need. We have faith in God and what is wrote in The Holy Bible.
    Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 10:07 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• There are facts everywhere!!! Every individual gets to interpret them as evolution, design, whatever they choose. My mind does not stop at inanimate objects and things only seen.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 10:07 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• the stars all come from a central point...Polaris. Why? Unexplained YET does not always mean "magic" or gods. They tried that already in the past and we've explained away a lot of that stuff already.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 10:08 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Non believers always gripe about believers trying to "convert" them...so why do you spend so much time and effort trying to prove us wrong..

If we are stupid and wrong (according to you) then let us be...in the end we will see :)

Or....are you trying to convince yourself that you are so right?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Faithful people do not question they just have faith, this is what faith is all about, not questioning and believing.....

Answer by older at 10:10 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• no one's converting anyone, she just asked what facts there were
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 10:11 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Look at the order in which life emerged on Earth. Science has shown that life developed in the same order that the Bible says it was created. Time and again, scientific discoveries support what the Bible says. This is just one of those times.

Again, you don't have to believe it in order for it to be true.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 10:11 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Conly- faith is not factual, it holds not merit, your god is not factual. You make another moot point. If you can not have a debate, or discussion (which is where I believe I posted this, in the Religious Debate board) then why do you bother? I enjoy discussion, and healthy (even heated) debate, you very obviously, do not.  If you can not handle the debate, step off of the podium.

ObbyDobbie

Comment by ObbyDobbie (original poster) at 10:12 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I have a question.....Why do so many who say they are Atheist, have questions regarding this subject?
    If you made the decision to be Atheist, haven't you already answered all these questions for yourself?
    If you don't have the answer, are you then an Agnostic?
    Or are you wanting someone on here to say you are right?
    People who tend to want to be right all the time, tend to live alone. It really sucks being around someone who wants to be right all the time. Regardless of their stance in the different belief systems.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:13 AM on Nov. 30, 2010