Are Freemasons Devil Worshippers?

I watched a story on the History Channel. It was pretty enlightening.

What's YOUR opinion?

SavageGrl

Asked by SavageGrl at 10:10 AM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Isn't Bush a freemason? that would answer your question.
    bingbong

Answer by bingbong at 10:11 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I think they are mentally ill, not devil worshipers.

Answer by older at 10:12 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• No. Freemasons are from a variety of Deist religious backgrounds.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 10:13 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• No I think people like to buy into goofy conspiracy theories. I know several people who are masons and have done quite a bit of research on them.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:16 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• My father is a Mason and is a Christian. However, after much research on his part he decided that he did not support the past history of the Masons and became inactive.

The group he came from was innocent and mainly cooked pancakes on the weekends to raise money for charities...lol
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:19 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• What a crock. No they are not. I have known quite a few, and they are all deeply religious and very involved in their churches.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:21 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

sidesplittinglaughter

SavageGrl

Comment by SavageGrl (original poster) at 10:25 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I am so glad I gave you a laugh this morning savage...

The ONLY time he ever went up there was on Sat mornings....for Pancake days...and I was there for most of them.....to eat pancakes of course....

He is inactive completely now. Miss the pancakes.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:27 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I seriously doubt it. My grandfather was a Freemason, and also a member of the Lutheran church. He was neither mentally ill nor a devil-worshipper.  (I can't quiet reconcile him belonging to an organization in which Bush was also a member, but there it is. . .I just can't picture them rubbing elbows.  This is a case, I think, where the Freemasons accepted quality and intellect as well as just those who just had money--my grandfather, by the way, didn't have money. . .)

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 10:36 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• No
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 10:37 AM on Nov. 30, 2010