how can i get the smell of ass out of our comforter? adult content

sorry to be so blunt. we just discovered our old comforter in a box that's been in there since we moved back in march. our washer/ dryer in our new place is smaller and i think that's the problem. when i washed it a few days ago, there was still dried soap on it from it not spinning around properly in the washer. then i had to dry it twice but i realized today when i put it on the bed that parts of it were still damp and now our whole room stinks. im washing it again to hopefully get the smell out. if dried properly this time it should be okay right? or do i need to take this thing to the laundromat and use a bigger set?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 10:11 AM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I would take it to the laundry mat and use a larger machine. I would also throw in some borax with your detergent to help get rid of the smell. At home, if your machine has a soap dispenser with a prewash compartment you can add the borax there and still use liquid soap.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:14 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Laundry Mat or Dry cleaner depending on what it is made of. I agree with the vinegar...Put a cup of vinegar in the rinse cycle or in a downy ball. Wash in HOT. The vinegar will not smell when it is dry but instead make it smell really clean and disinfect. :)
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 10:18 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• If it is really stinky wash it in vinigar, then in detergent. Then dry it in dryer and put on the bed to air dry if dryer doesn't get it all the way dry.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 10:14 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I would just go ahead and take it to the laundromat to wash it in a bigger machine. My old set wasn't big enough to do comforters in either, so that's what we had to do.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 10:16 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Lol.. maybe you should just take it out to the dumpster and spare yourself any further frusteration! I took a comforter to a laundry mat thinking their large machine would do the trick, but I totally had to cram it in there, it wasn't much bigger than a regular machine :-/
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 10:16 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Take it to the laundry mat. The smaller toploaders aren't good for LARGE fluffy comforters.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:20 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• air it out and spray febreze on it, too
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 10:15 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Years ago Febreeze made a laundry additive, which was great but I can't find it anymore. It made my husband's work clothes smell great. Since I couldn't find that, I tried some liquid stuff from Oxy Clean, and it makes his stuff smell sort of like baking soda. Not unpleasant.. You can tell it's clean.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:30 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• take it to the laundry mat
    Luckybear05

Answer by Luckybear05 at 10:29 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• take it to laundromat and use lots of baking soda
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 6:03 PM on Nov. 30, 2010