Does anyone have a theme for their Christmas Tree?

So it used to be just me and my 2 dogs and every year I would buy me a snowman, Gertie a gingerbread man and Gracie a reindeer ornament. Then Mike (my hubby) came along and he became the penguin ornament and then we added our 3rd dog George who became the nutcracker ornament.

But now with our new family starting I am thinking about starting with a clean slate and letting people pick one ornament each year to add to the tree.

Does anyone else have a theme or something special they do with their Christmas Tree each year?

BlandBaby

Asked by BlandBaby at 10:16 AM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Holidays

• Going to be making homemade this year
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 10:18 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• If random is a theme, then, yes. LOL. Actually, my mother always made an ornament each year when we were kids so when we moved out, our first tree wouldn't be naked. So, my tree is filled with handmade ornaments from my childhood & my kids' childhoods sicnce she carried the tradition through to them. Now I do the same thing. Each ornament is labelled with the child's name and the year. This year's ornaments are a set of 3D snowflakes. So, I guess you'd say that the theme to our trees is "yearly memories"?
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:28 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• No, we just put the ornaments on.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:45 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Haven't thought about having a theme. Might try it for next year
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 2:51 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Mine is a snow man theme. Black felt top hat for topper, red plaid scarf beneath it. Then white wedding tule for garland, then all snow related ornaments. snowmen, snow flakes, icecicles, snowballs etc. It is really a fun tree.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:55 AM on Dec. 1, 2010