Does Obama "Know Best"?

(NYP)- In “Revival: The Struggle for Survival Inside Obama’s White House,” MSNBC analyst Richard Wolffe, a writer sympathetic to the president, reports the prosaic backroom details of the White House struggles from early this year, but occasionally stumbles upon an off-the-cuff revelation that’s much more interesting.

One staffer was conspicuously overweight. The president, in an incident that Wolffe believes proves how caring the man is, took it upon himself to present the aide with a salad for lunch — “then listened to him protest that he could take care of his own health. ‘I love you, man,’ Obama said. ‘I want you to look after yourself. Eat the salad.’”

I love you, man. Eat the salad. That is the Obama presidency in a plastic see-through clamshell. (Hold the ranch dressing!) The president loves us. He knows what’s best for us. We should bow to his superior wisdom.

Jimmy Carter obsessed over the White House tennis court schedule. President Obama wants to be your life coach, guidance counselor and spouse, kicking your shins under the dinner table when you order chocolate cake instead of steamed celery.

SavageGrl

Asked by SavageGrl at 10:30 AM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• No way, in fact I would rather he stay out of my life for good.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:35 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• damn girl REACHING for something to complain about...what right wingnut gave you this gibberish?

It is very tyrannical to want people around you to be HEALTHY....

My 9 year old daughter lectures my sister about smoking

Does that make her a communist, socialist, tyrannical dictator??

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:35 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• sidesplittinglaughterMy reaction to the title

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:35 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• TAAAAAACKY! No to mention purdy darned hypocritcal coming from a SMOKER LOL
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:37 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• not*
    tnmomofive

• Obama couldn't find his ass with a map and GPS device. He doesn't know best his handlers have to tell him how to do anything. I don't think the people who own Obama and actually run the Presidency know best either. Unsweet a kins will make a rude remark about this but she works for the administration or is an Obamabot.lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:38 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

I know he still is smoking saw a blurb the other day about his health and that he is still smoking and needed to make diet changes because of his cholesterol or something like that.
    tabekat

Answer by tabekat at 10:39 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

•  look @ that butter

oh a hot dog

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:43 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Jesus emaciated he's one t alk of someone's weight issues..

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:44 AM on Nov. 30, 2010