So I know you guys aren't doctors, but I've spent all morning doing research online and haven't found any info. I do not have insurance and would like to avoid a doctor visit if possible; however, I'm beginning to think it may be inevitable. adult content

I have these very intense pains deep in my vagina. I'm not sure how to describe where exactly, except to say that if I stuck something about 10 inches into my vagina it would reach. (I know that sounds terrible, but not sure how else to describe it.) It feels like a terrible pressure, and almost like all my organs are literally going to fall out of my vagina. The pain is throbbing, and sometimes it's very sharp and brings me to tears. Sometimes when I sit on a couch, it really hurts. Have you ever tried to ride a boy's bicycle and fallen hard on the bar and straddled it? That's the best way to describe it, and this is when sitting on a soft couch.It seems to come more often during ovulation, but sometimes comes during other times of the month. Sometimes more than once a month, sometimes only once every 6 weeks or so. I've had 3 c-sections, and I had my tubes tied in July of '09. The pain started about 4 or 5 months after the tubal. I know it's a long-shot to hope that someone here could give me info, but I'm desperate to know. I'll try anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Health

• I'm thinking this sounds like a cyst (which they should have seen during the tubal or other exam), painful ovulation (mine has gotten WAY more painful since my tubal ligation) or maybe a blood clot/hemmorrage.

At least give the GYN a cal and ask to speak to a triage nurse and explain your situation to them. That's at least free and would help to ease your mind and let you kno wif you truly need ot be seen or not. And if you do, maybe they have a payment plan or can refer you to the local health department with what to look for and such to ensure you get the best care you can at a more reasonable rate.

Good luck and I hope everything is okay! :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 10:49 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• That sounds like a visit to the Dr....sorry you dont have insurance.

The ONLY thing that popped into my mind was a severe UTI or bladder infection. But with you saying you had a tubal...I wouldnt chance anything....you need to see a Dr.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:32 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Sound slike painful ovulation

What you're describing sounds EXACTLY what i go through every once in a while. It's pressure, pain..feels like needles stabbing in your cervix....yeah, i went to the Dr. about it & it turns out that i have painful ovulation every once in a while. Sometimes i make a lot of eggs & i guess it hurts like hell when they drop. My Dr. says the same thing happens to her. I never would have guessed that it was my ovulation. I just never would have guessed. It feels like it's more my uterus/cervix/vagina area. I have felt ovulation before on my right abdomen or my left & it was a bit crampy. But it did not feel like this. I guess now that i am getting older (almost 30) i am producing a lot more eggs. Look up painful ovulation & see if that might be it. It only happens to me every once in a while. Maybe a few times a year. I really thought my uterus was falling out though....lol!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:44 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• scar adhesions perhaps?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:31 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Look into endometriosis.
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 10:31 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I used to have that exact sort of pain when I had my periods. It was so intense sometimes it would blur my vision. It was weird because you would expect cramping with periods, but it was always deep inside. I had an ablation done and the pain stopped. A few months ago, I started having very intense pain again and went to the doctor. I had an ovarian cyst and fibroids starting to grow back.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:35 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I can only imagine the pain you arfe going through. I understand you do not want to see a doctor but with the description of your pain and depth it is only a doctor that can examine you right now. Please summon courage see a doctor.
    ronke393

Answer by ronke393 at 10:40 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• It could be caused by scar tissue or a cyst and pain from that is not going away. There is a small chance it is cervical or uterine cancer. Unfortunately after this long whatever it is I don't think it's going to correct itself.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:41 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Also, it hurts to sit down when i have it. When you said that, i immediately could relate. When i sit, it feels like i just sat on a knife & it slashed my cervix. Its not at all fun....BUT, i'm glad to know that i can just take some advil & all wil lbe good. It's not as serious as i thought. I'm just unlucky & have extremely painful ovulation sometimes....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:47 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Prolapsed uterus? That can cause all kinds of symptoms including pain and pressure.

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:47 AM on Nov. 30, 2010