non alcoholic energy drinks

My kids love energy drinks however I feel they can have them only once in awhile. My kids are 9-15 so they aren't little but I would like your take on this issue with kids and these drinks that they love more than soda pop. I also know lots of parents in my city that allow thier kids to have them accept they are too liberal with them and allow them to drink lots of it. I do believe that consuming too much of anything that is man made isnt good for the body. What are your feelings on this? If you think I shouldnt allow them to drink these what can I do to help my kids break the habit?

MarGeee

Asked by MarGeee at 10:49 AM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I wouldn't allow a child under 13 to drink pop, let alone a caffeinated energy drink!
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 10:50 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I agree with ballewal.
    SavageGrl

Answer by SavageGrl at 10:52 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• best energy drinks for kids they are sugar free and you can get caffeine free. go to www modernshopper.mychoices.biz they are called XS energy check them out they are the only ones I let my family drink and they taste good! there are a ton of flavors. Cola, root beer, citrus, cherry, all kinds
    CarlieJS

Answer by CarlieJS at 10:53 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• here is a link straight to it. http://www.amway.com/zcshealth/en/nutrition-wellness/energy-drinks
    CarlieJS

Answer by CarlieJS at 10:56 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• i wouldn't allow my kids to drink energy drinks at all. i don't let them drink soda either.. or tea if they ever were curious. The issue is that they don't need it.. they're kids and they play and sleep.. when they go to school,, they're learning. doesn't require much energy that they don't have...
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 10:57 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• See, I'm not one to completely guard my child from everything in the big bad world but a little sugar isn't such a bad thing. Of course she's only four but she has soda on occasion. We NEVER keep soda in the house but I do drink a lot of tea so she has tea a little bit more than she should. But what can I say, I'm definitely not perfect. However I will not allow her to be the type of kid that drinks energy drinks every single day.
    iluvmm09

Answer by iluvmm09 at 11:02 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Thanks for the links ladies.
    MarGeee

Comment by MarGeee (original poster) at 11:05 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• what do you say to your pretteen when he asked why he gets such a cheap birthday and no party like his other siblings?
    MarGeee

Comment by MarGeee (original poster) at 2:59 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Do some research, the experts are saying NO ONE should drink the energy drinks. They also give you alternatives. Really try to get out of the energy drink habit, you might have to gradually cut back.
    jdjamm

Answer by jdjamm at 5:06 AM on Sep. 29, 2012