First OB/GYN Appointment!

I was just wondering if someone could tell me what to expect at my first OB appointment?I've already had 3 blood tests and 2 early internal ultrasounds done due to spotting at 5 weeks. My second ultrasound was a week ago and everything was fine.
Will the OB listen for a heartbeat? Will he do an ultrasound if he can't find the heartbeat, or will he do one anyway? Not sure if he'd try a regular tummy one or not or if he'll do one at all since I've had 2 so far.

Should I prepare for anything, what else takes place?

Thanks!

Charmasina

Asked by Charmasina at 11:01 AM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Well, let's see if I can remember.. You will have to pee in a cup to check for proteins, they will take your blood pressure, they will give you a pap smear, and yes, the best part is you may get to hear a heartbeat. Also, they will go through your medical history and ask a bunch of questions which is almost worse than the exam, lol.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 11:08 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• The first OB appointment is a regular internal exam. If they do an ultra sound it will be an internal one, it's too early for the belly one. They will most likely try to listen for a heartbeat, but it could be too early.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:03 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Ugh...do pap smears hurt? I've never had one before and for some reason I've always been afraid of them. I'm actually afraid of doctors in general lol!
    Charmasina

Comment by Charmasina (original poster) at 11:22 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• i have my ultrasound with my doctor on monday ill be 9 weeks and 2 days when is your ultrasound we can compair how far along are you?
    AliciaLamoreux

Answer by AliciaLamoreux at 3:03 PM on Nov. 30, 2010