How do you know when its time to leave?

Ive been with a guy for about 5 years and have a 2yr daughter. We have a house, a joint account and our past together. We sort of grew up together. Im only 21 and i have no sex desire and no more butterflies. Im always wanting more from him, therefor im bitchy. But i couldnt imagine leaving and not sharing my childs every memory with her daddy. I also couldnt imagine us actually being with other ppl! AdViCe?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Relationships

• You know when its time to leave when you have to ask the question "How do you know its time to leave."
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:58 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• haha.. that makes sense.. but i cant imagine my life any other way. We have all the same friends. We are already settled down. We have a child who needs her mother and father readily available. I swore I would never put my child through this. And when I need a break, hes usually there, I wouldnt expect that if I was with sommeone else.
    Anonymous

• It's time to leave when you have given it your all. Try getting help, try doing different things, try date nights etc etc. Once you have given 110% and still not happy then it's time to just say c ya later
    bigtrucksgirl

Answer by bigtrucksgirl at 5:02 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I respectfully disagree with the first reply. I think you know it's time to leave when you have tried everything you can think, everything everyone else can think of, and you are out of options. Have you tried couplles counseling or individual counseling? Sex drive and butterflies can come and go. Their absence doesn't have to mean the end of your marriage. You can get it back. You can also work on your personal expectations (always wanting more from him and getting bitchy) to improve that area of your relationship.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 5:04 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Hes one of those guys that thinks since he works and pays the bills he has done everything in th world possible for us. i appreciate that.. but i get bitchy because IM not appreciated.. he never takes the time out to actually help me with how I feel.
    Anonymous

• when you tried everything and there is nothing left to do.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 5:08 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• This is gonna sound crazy, but you and him need to see the movie "Fireproof." It's a Christian movie, meaning there is nothing inappropriate that children shouldn't see. You will understand when you see it why you need to. It helps people that are in relationships that are bad and helps those that are in good ones keep them from GOING bad.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 6:22 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• How long have you been feeling this way? I'd definitely look into some good counseling before you decide whether or not to move on...
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:38 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I am in a similar situation as well. Butterflies won't be there all day every day. They do come and go. But you must want it to work or you wouldn't be asking. Try date nights, it really does help.
    mom2livie

Answer by mom2livie at 6:38 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• You are going through a life changing experience & will hit more of them throughout your life. These experiences will be with him or with someone else but a marriage or a relationship takes work for any kind of success. You will continue to have different feelings throughout your relationship with the person your with but the most important thing that you have to keep between the two of you is respect. Love changes many forms but it's your choice if you want to it to work.

onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 9:57 PM on Nov. 5, 2008