Has any gastroschisis patient had surgery for hernia around the age of 5 or 6?

My 6 year old grandbaby has all of a sudden developed a grapefruit size hernia. She just had cat scan this morning. We are searching for answers about the surgery. I this a minor thing or a major thing.

kcupp

Asked by kcupp at 11:12 AM on Nov. 30, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I'm really sorry I cannot help. Try to google the question... best of luck to your family.
    Mamma2E

Answer by Mamma2E at 11:35 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• My daughter had a hernia on her belly button at 9 weeks of age (from gastroschisis). It is a very simple surgery. A hernia is just a hole in the muscle. The surgeons go in and put a small stitch in the hole. It is a minor surgery. If you need to talk more you can reach me onelove926@gmail.com
    mommytovar

Answer by mommytovar at 8:06 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• My son had it when he was six. He's now grown and there was never a problem after the surgery. I was scared to death, but everything was taken car of and I was so relieved to hear it was just a hernia, and not something more serious.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 5:33 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Unless there are unforeseen complications, it should be an easy procedure-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 5:49 PM on Dec. 26, 2010