Lets talk about sin - who created it, and why?

I dont believe in sin, but I use to so for those of you who still do lets talk.Who created sin and why was it created?

sugahmamma

Asked by sugahmamma at 11:19 AM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Religious Debate

• It's an idea that exists within every religion and mythology in the world, so tagging the dude who came up with the idea is probably going to be a bit difficult.

Every culture has taboos (even our liberal/rational fantasy includes very strict taboos, although it's often surprising to people where they are hiding in plain view...) and the general approach to transgressions is social censure: sin is just a part of that. It's the list of wrongness that isn't acceptable.

In some mythologies, the sins are against the public peace... some they're against personal happiness... some they're against the wrath of the gods... and some are about controlling people and their behaviour so they fit in.

Any culture that believes it doesn't have any taboos has a taboo against noticing the restrictions.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:23 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I'm with you, OP. I don't believe that sin exists.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 11:24 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• sins are the ideas of religious leaders who don't feel comfortable about certain things so use their "power" to control others into not doing those things claiming its from the gods, when its really just their own personal insecurities and quest for control in many cases.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I agree,anon. This is why I no longer believe in organzed religion. The Bible was written by mere mortals...men who had agendas and personal quirks , leading to personal preferences which then became "Sins" and "Laws of the church". It all is meaningless.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:28 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Thanks Linda, but with all due respect sin is not accepted in all cultures or religions. For many its not a tomato/tamoto thing, but rather a yin and yang. I feel you in your response but I know differently.

sugahmamma

Comment by sugahmamma (original poster) at 11:30 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Sin came into the world when Eve decided to disobey God.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 11:31 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Satan made sin to try and prevent us from going back to our father in heaven
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 11:40 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• When God created Adam and Eve, He gave them free will. Then Eve was led into temptation by Satan and sinned by going against God. There could be many answers to this question. God created us in His image, which is perfect and without sin so in that, God could not have created sin. Instead, God created a way to redemtion first through the Law, and then through the Son. I'm more inclined to say that Satan created sin..but I'm unsure that "created" is the right word. After the fall, we sin because we are sinners, that's just the way it is. ALL of us, until we recieve the free gift of salvation. The Devil is the prince of this world. We are influncesd by the devil and all that he has put in it to decieve us, to lead us away from God. The devil is who creates famine, natural disaster, disease, poverty, etc. It's through Jesus by whom we are saved, healted, and redeemed.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 11:43 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

Eve "decided"  - which means she had the IDEA of sin before  she ever acting on it. So then where did the thought originate?

sugahmamma

Comment by sugahmamma (original poster) at 11:53 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Satan made sin to try and prevent us from going back to our father in heaven.

How do you know Satan made sin? Is there a verse that you believe tells you so? How did Satan make sin; with a decision, thought, or gift of creation?

sugahmamma

Comment by sugahmamma (original poster) at 11:57 AM on Nov. 30, 2010