Would you swallow your pride for your mate?

My x is finally doing it, yes we are taking our time.

We have been separated for 6 months and finally omg, finally we are getting somewhere. Pray for me, I hate being with out him and hate being a single mom...

I am not rushing it, but going to church with me finally. Which is one thing I wanted him too do. We have had rocky times but we are both working on our faults. I told him you need too swallow your pride and do what is right for your familly not listen to the trash you have been listening too. Family first you only want one, at least that is what we want.

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 11:30 AM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• There are times for each partner to swallow their pride. Compromise comes from both sides. What will you do for him if he does what you want, or meets you halfway? I can tell when something is really important to my DH, so I back off. And vice versa. He supports me as much as I support him. "It is always better to be kind than right." Douglas Shumway.
    http://thegodfreymethod.com
    RocketMom14kids

Answer by RocketMom14kids at 11:36 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I would only divorce for abuse or cheating. So it depends on what you are asking me to swallow.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 11:34 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I've swollowed my pride 4 him & he 4 me. It kills us sometimes but we do it cause we luv each other. That makes it worth it! I hope yall make it. It sounds like there's lots of love there so yall should b ok. Best of luck!
    amy197

Answer by amy197 at 11:38 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Yes, if it was for the betterment of our relationship, and I'm sure he would do the same.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:33 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I wouldn't go to church because my mate wants me to, but in other aspects if they do not affect my personal judgement and such then yes I would. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:39 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• We are meeting each other half way, I am swallowing my pride too.
    KFree907

Comment by KFree907 (original poster) at 11:42 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I do it every day, if I didn't, I wouldn't be in this relationship. Good luck to you! I hope everything works out, I wish mine would do what yours is doing! :0)
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 11:44 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• He wants too go, I like to go. He wants to try it. He has not been there since he was a kid... :)
    KFree907

Comment by KFree907 (original poster) at 11:45 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Your only struggle was that he wouldn't go to church with you? That seems rather petty. That's his choice, not yours. Religion, especially orginized religion, should never be forced upon anyone. Even if it's just attending. That's just my opinion though.

If it was for the benefit of our relationship I would hope we could both step over our pride and find a middle ground. Whatever it is.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:18 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• No we had quite a few struggles but we are working it out
    KFree907

Comment by KFree907 (original poster) at 12:20 PM on Nov. 30, 2010