Oh those POOR inmates!? Do they deserve to be all comfty?

HA! I really LOVE Sherrif Joe

We keep winning these lawsuits. Inmates should stop acting like the Grinch who stole Christmas and give up wasting the court's time with such frivolous assertions," the press release read.

Inmates have sued six times claiming that being forced to listen to the Christmas songs 12 hours a day was in violation of their civil and religious rights and a cruel and unusual punishment, but U.S. District Judge Roz Silver disagreed, dismissing the case and denying claims for $250,000 in damages.

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 11:44 AM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree! He's done an awesome job with his prison! I can't believe he's still the only one.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:46 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Hmmm....when I worked in the mall I had to listen to Christmas music sometimes 20 hours a day. (Restaurant managers work long hours).

It never occurred to me that was violating my Constitutional rights. LMAO! Mall workers of the world UNITE!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:56 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I love that guy, I swear he is the only one that has his thoughts right.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 11:44 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I think they should make the inmates listen to Justin Bieber instead.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 11:46 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• But there is some really awful Hanukkah music out there too. Was it Adam Sandler?  I can't remember, because now I have that blasted Donkey song in my head!  Hee Haw Hee Haw

LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 11:58 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Not all Christmas songs are about God? It's about a jolly old guy. And most important they gave up their rights when they go into prison.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:03 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• tnmomofive

Comment by tnmomofive (original poster) at 11:44 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• "Maybe the holiday music can help lift the spirits of the men and women who are away from friends and family during the holidays, not just the inmates, but the dedicated men and women who work in the Maricopa County Jails," the sheriff said in an announcement Sunday.

tnmomofive

Comment by tnmomofive (original poster) at 11:45 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• lindaclement my dog doesn't get to pick the music I play..therefore I suppose i'm torturous to my animals.My dogs are good doggies too the haven't broken any laws.

You are ridiculous claiming this 'torture'
    tnmomofive

Comment by tnmomofive (original poster) at 11:52 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• ah....just read it. I see he's being fair with the belief system song choices. too funny.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:54 AM on Nov. 30, 2010