Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my child support stopped

my ex recently got a new job, and now its been a few weeks since Ive gotten child support. my ex wont pay child support or report his new job, or even give me details about it. the child support has to b taken directly out of his checks or i just wont get it.

Answer Question

Asked by sarahlu at 11:44 AM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Money & Work

Level 14 (1,504 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • Contact the CS agency your support is through. For my ex, it's tied to his SSN so any legal job he has is automatically reported by the employer.

    Answer by ballewal at 11:46 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

  • I actually called my exs new job n spoke w human resources. They had me fax over my CS order and they started the deduction on his next check. U don't always have to wait for CS dept to catch up w them especially if he's employed w a reputable company. Good luck on this!!

    Answer by lillie70 at 11:53 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

  • File a report against him with the court.

    Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:10 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

  • i'm sorry..i havent seen anything in 2 months myself...i'm super pissed because its the holidays and my son's bday is today! The money sure does help! I mean, of all months to not pay Nov and Dec certainly are not the months!!!!! Here CS office gives them a 30 day grace period from the end of the month that the payment was due so i can't enforce anything until the end of Dec....ERRRRR!

    Answer by shay1130 at 12:20 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

  • Yeah...this isn't something you should have to deal CS.

    Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 12:38 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

  • I hope he mans up soon! That stinks that he would leave you and his kid! hanging like that!

    Answer by Erica_Smerica at 1:25 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

  • I deal with this now. If he is getting paid under the table, there is nothing the child support can do.

    Answer by KristeV at 1:53 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.