how do you cope with depression and bad temperment?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Nov. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• Within yourself? Your kids? Your DH/SO? With who???
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 11:52 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Good question. I'm in a crap mood today and seems no matter how I say something, I end up pissing someone off. I'm sick and supposed to go get x rays and blood work done today, but I don't want to take the 2 yr old and sit in the damn hospital for 4 hrs. I should just go back to damn bed, maybe in an hr or 2 the LO will let me.

Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 11:56 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• i'll tell you how i did it: zoloft! :)
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:00 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Sorry for the rant. Usually I read the Bible, it lifts my spirits, problem is I can't seem to find mine. I don't know where I could of put it.

Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 12:02 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• By recognizing my personal responsibility in the issue...

If it is someone else's foul mood, I free them to have it --it's their suffering, not mine, far be it for me to interfere with their fun...

If it's my foul mood, I keep it to myself --no one else needs to know I'm having a hormone, or a snit, and I've never had a single relationship improved by venting it...

I have found, though, that my foul moods are always about how I think the world should be different from how it is --usually with a rather petty and immature demand that the world make it so without my action. Once I figure that out, I usually just laugh and move on...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:05 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I do read the bible i just have to keep reading and it seems like i never comprehend what iam reading.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:05 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Thats so true
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:13 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I have found that a lot of excercize....walking, going outside, lifting weights, doing vigorous,difficult household tasks, etc. will lift my mood. Physical exercise makes your blood circulate and your heart rate rises, which brings more oxygen to your brain and causes your mood to improve. A lot of water helps too. People who are dehydrated feel a little off and depressed.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 12:23 PM on Nov. 30, 2010