Fish Oil

Do u take this and is it really good for your skin?

MamaSpurg

Asked by MamaSpurg at 11:49 AM on Nov. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes and its good for your heart and blood too! Promotes circulation etc., take garlic every day too, its good for many things as well.

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 11:50 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Yes it is..and on top of the things bjojola mentioned, fish oil also fights inflammation, so if you get headaches or have any kind of joint pain it helps with that too.
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 11:52 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Yes, and yes.

I don't take garlic every day, we just eat about 5 heads a week... mmmm... garlic....
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:51 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Yes, it's SO good for you! It reduces the risk of all kinds of disease, including obesity, diabetes, cancer, heart disease, and many others. It has to do with what it does to the cell membranes in your body. Our abundance of omega-9 fatty acids creates an imbalance in the cell membranes in our bodies, making up very prone to disease. Many places that lived on fish (before we put McDonald's everywhere) had zero incidence of cancer, diabetes, etc. It's not just the food additives and the high overall fat content in fast food (certainly contributors!), but the fatty acid imbalance affects the phospholipid bilayer, so that the inside layer is bigger than the outside layer, making us prone to disease. I went to a lecture by Dr. Johan Hulton, who discovered the 1918 Flu virus, and who did a ton of research on omega-3 fatty acids. I've taken fish oil ever since!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:57 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Yes, and I keep forgetting....

OMG< thanks...... :)

My friend has beautiful hair and skin she has been taking it for years....
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:09 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I had high blood pressure a few yrs. ago and started walking to bring it down, I was taking one capsule of fish oil in the morning and one at night to help get it back down..I met an Asian Dr. on my walk one day and he advised me to take 6 a day instead..when I started taking 2 in the am 2 in the afternoons and 2 in the evenings I brought my bp back down to normal pronto.
    Anonymous

• Yes, but I hate the after taste. Someone told me to try krill oil, same benefits, no taste. Once my fish oil is gone I'm going to try it.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:17 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• No..never tried it....I do use Vitamin E instead
    gogogirl79

Answer by gogogirl79 at 12:26 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• bjojola hit it right on the head! By the way...add Biotin into the mix...I had gastric bypass surgery and about four to six month after the surgery...all my hair almost fell out...with Biotin 5000 mcg...I got it back stronger and healthier than ever.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 12:35 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I do, good for your heart and joints.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:09 PM on Nov. 30, 2010