So what are some things your child has done in public that has completely embarrassed you?

We were in the mall and a mentally challenged man was sitting on a bench and he looked a little different and my daughter pointed and said "look at him!" She's only four so I hope they understand she just didn't understand but I eventually explained it to her. And another would be my mom was watching a show where two girls were grinding against each other while they were dancing and my daughter came to me in the kitchen and told me a girl was rubbing her butt on a girl's vagina. No one was around for that but all I could do was laugh and tell her that some girls do that when they are older. I guess that's what I get for allowing her to watch TV with Mimi while I was doing something else.

iluvmm09

Asked by iluvmm09 at 11:51 AM on Nov. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• She yelled "Mama farted!" in the middle of the grocery store. I hadn't.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 11:53 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• my daughter was about 3 at the time..we were in walmart, in the washroom, it was that time of month for me, and i couldnt just leave her outside the stall, so she came in with me, all of a sudden she yells "MOMMY YOURE BLEEDING!!" lol, it was soo embarrasing, there were a couple people laughing in there. and she kept askin me if i was ok, i would say yes, but she just kept saying, "but youre bleeding momma" ...it was funny..but embarrasing!! lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:56 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• We were at a party and my 8 year old met a little person.
    So she kept nudging her head making her eye balls pop out as she was standing right next too him, like look mom, they were the same size she was so confused. I wish I had a video camera it was soo embarrassing but so funny at the same time, they don't get it.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:56 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• My entire family has always said I'm gonna beat your butt instead of spank your butt when the kids got in trouble. When my son was 2 he was in the shopping cart at Wal-Mart and I had repeatedly told him to sit down or he would fall. Right as these two old women walked by i told him to sit down in a stern voice and he looked at me and said "no momma, don't beat me."
    jnd951999

Answer by jnd951999 at 11:57 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• my oldest screamed "asshole" in the middle of target one day when she was 2. she was talking to her daddy on the phone who was in iraq at the time, while we were shopping, i guess he said it to his buddy not thinking he was speaking to a human sponge! sure enough she yelled it out! so embarassing!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:57 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• lololol @ 'mama farted' i would have laughed so hard if i heard that!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 11:57 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• We were in the store and my DS who is 5 yelled "Mom, I just farted", I said that is gross and say excuse me. Two seconds later he yelled "mom, I just farted again!". The lady standing next to me gave me the ugliest look.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 11:58 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Nothing. My kids are not capable of embarrassing me. That task is entirely restricted to my actions...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:01 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Nothing horribly embarrassing as of yet. Just simply screaming at the highest pitch my two year old can make in the middle of the store. It's not soo much embarrassing, but irritating to me and everyone within a 100 mile radius. Haha
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:06 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• When my 5 yo looked under the bathroom stall. I never though to tell her not to. The lady next door was the really embarrassing one. She freaked out yelling that my daughter was looking at her then yelled at me for allowing it, I wasn't even in the stall and she is 5 lady get over yourself. We have talked about it since. So no repeats.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 12:08 PM on Nov. 30, 2010